Steve's (forrealb50's) new tank... going deep!

I never had much of a clean up crew. Just watever hitch hiked it's way in the tank on another coral. My clean up crew is 6 tangs for algae and Avast CS1 skimmer ;). I don't even do water changes any more and I feed like crazy. Yesterday I fed a giant cocktail shrimp and 6 sheets of nori. The fish are fat and spoiled.

Dont waste your money. It will hunt and eat them immediately. Trust me, I know from experience. Not to mention your tusk is bigger than mine, and most of them it just swallowed, a couple got bit in half. It was pretty awesome to watch though.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine doesnt bother the little cucumber I have. It definitely doesnt bother corals of any kind. Although mine will cover them in sand. It whips its tail in the sand to stir it up, looking for food.. They really are cool fish, ive hand fed it a few times. It seems to be getting more and more comfortable. I havent seen any aggression towards other fish. In fact it gets pushed around by a purple tanf thats smaller than the tusk. I would highly recommend this fish, as long as you remember that they can eats inverts and small enough fish.

Very cool! Love finding missing fish...maybe he felt safe enough to come out now,lol

I think I found his tiny cave on the right side of the tank. He stays very close to all the rock work. I read that is normal behavior and eventually they will stay out in the open picking at rock and looking for food. I also read that they may eat bristle works. That would be amazing because I have thousands!!!

Not sure why, but I am completely unable to keep mystery wrasses alive. They usually die the first or second day. Give me something difficult like a leopard wrasse or tilefish and its no problem. All that said, I'm jealous, because the mystery wrasse is my favorite fish.

• 2 months later...

Bump for a updated FTS

Yeah....its not like you've been busy,,,,, come on :-)

The tank is still running but it's all torn apart. I moved most of my corals to the store and we will be chopping up the tank and moving everything to the store soon. It had a good run but now it's time to build something even cooler at the store :)