Steve's (forrealb50's) new tank... going deep!

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^cause it won't be full till then at the rate of fill!! biggrin.gif

Thanks, and why wait until next weekend?

I might be able to make it out there sunday late afternoon, got a lot going on this weekend. Remember Im moving in a few weeks too.!! I will give you a call.. Sadly I didnt see any beer bottles in any of the pictures, so I will have to swing by with some of those and make sure its all done right.!!

A few more updates....

The herbi overflow method is flawless. 100% silent! The fans on the t5 fixture make the only noise.

I forgot to let the kalk water settle before using it for top off and I fogged the tank up. The white dust should go away in a few day. I hope :)

Here is a new large rock I added. It's hard to tell in the pic bit it's one solid rock on top that has a big cave inside. A hippo would love to sleep in there.

477eaf56-d24a-758c.jpg

New rock island on the right.

477eaf56-d2a7-3885.jpg

All the rock.

477eaf56-d2cf-cf66.jpg

Sump area is almost finished. Waiting on some extension cords for the powerheads then all the wires will be tied up.

477eaf56-d2ee-fe6e.jpg

My 10 gallon fuge tied in and overflowing perfectly.

477eaf56-d344-0955.jpg

What a mess :(

477eaf56-d36a-f01e.jpg

Can't wait to put this bad boy in the sump tomorrow!

477eaf56-d38b-523a.jpg

Were you able to figure out the problem with your skimmer?

Nope, just letting it run with the collection cup off for now and overflow back into the sump. I did skim out 10 gallons to try and remove whatever is bothering the skimmer. It sounds like a water fall right now but I'm going to give it a few more days before I come up with a plan B.

lol, I have been laying the groundwork for a significant upgrade the whole time I have thought my now wife was going to be my wife :)

It is all about the groundwork!

Tank is running well and building the skin for the stand this weekend.

I'm also surprised on how well this live rock has been doing. On 8/6 the tanks cycle was started and on 8/9 still no reading of ammonia nitrites or nitrates. The rock came from figi and then sat in aquatic obsession's frag tank for two months.

I continued to feed the tank with frozen mysis shrimp cubes. On 8/10 I added 5 hermits and 3 baby chromis. I went ahead a bought a new master test kit just in case. Just tested again and 0ppm on ammonia nitrites and nitrates. Off to a good start!