Steve's (forrealb50's) new tank... going deep!

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its so PRETTY!!! makes me wanna cry (in a good way of course)

gorgeous corals and fish and composition of the two in harmony... :)

Thanks! I think I have a little room left in the sand bed for some acans. I added the other island in the middle and pushed the large rock structure of the left side back about 8". I wanted to give the tank some more depth. It was hard to tell at first that the tank is 32" deep.

I see blue cloves on a piece. Not sure if you want those in your tank. Once they take off its hard to get a handle on them.

Yea I thought I got rid of mine. I got a red dragon piece and put it on a small dried out rock, yesterday I noticed that some of thoes stupid things must have survived on the rock and stung the red dragon, which then rtned on me in a day... I knew it was delicate but man! Free polyps kill that frag? Come on... I made like 5 frags and they all died :/

I havn't had any spread in my tank yet. I think it's because I keep my MG at 1400-1500ppm. I had them on another rock before and they just died off along with my xenia. I'll probably end up scraping them off that chalice though because it looks like they might be bothering it. Other than that I just let the corals do what they want and let the strongest survive. ;)

This guy that used to come over and talk coral with me gave it to me.

I remember when you used to stop by and look at my tank and talk coral too... Sounds like we had a break up.

I remember when you used to stop by and look at my tank and talk coral too... Sounds like we had a break up.

I think you guys need to get a room

I think you guys need to get a room

Your jealous of our former bromance.!! Before Steve became a big coral store guy he used to like other peoples tanks, but now he has this big fancy well stocked tank and has become to good for the rest us of us regular folks.

Your tank looks fantastic. I particularly love the rock work. Nicely done.

How much sand on the bottom?

Laura

Your jealous of our former bromance.!! Before Steve became a big coral store guy he used to like other peoples tanks, but now he has this big fancy well stocked tank and has become to good for the rest us of us regular folks.

LOL!

Your tank looks fantastic. I particularly love the rock work. Nicely done. How much sand on the bottom? Laura

Thanks! I started out with around 2" but it's slowly thinning out. I'm not going to add any sand and hope to turn it into a bare bottom again. Some spots it bare to the starboard and other spots it 2" where the wrasse and tangs make their hide outs.

This tank is awesome in person and I will bring my tripod with me next time to take even better pic's.