Steve's (forrealb50's) new tank... going deep!

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks great, love the pic of the gobie's.

The are very interesting little guys. However Travis and I figured out today they are he ones causing all the debris floating in my tank. They spit sand out right under a power head and it's shot all over the tank.

I forgot that I also cut when all the days bulbs come on by 2 hours and cut the actinics 1 hour. So I really only have one less hour of light but more time with just actinics on.

Actinics on at 8am and off at 8:15pm

Days on at 11am and off at 7pm

They get a long sun rise and shorter sunset.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looks great, do some scolys, plates, and chalices in the sand bed. Maybe even a nice aussie elegance would look awesome.

You could add a nice big anem in the middle, or an elegance. Also a giant clam would look beautiful in the middle.

Edited by jason the filter freak

• 2 weeks later...

I beat the hair algae. Not sure if it was the tangs or the larger water change. I did a 30 gallon water change last week and all the hair algae is gone that was on the rocks. I used to do 10 gallon water changes weekly. I don't have the time for 30 gallon changes but I did step it up to 15 gallons weekly now.

_-13.jpg

_-2-2.jpg

_-3-3.jpg

_-4-3.jpg

_-5-2.jpg

Tank looks great. Really nice pictures...I'm going to have to figure out how to take pictures of my tank that look that good.