finally found my dream job.

zygote2k

For the last 3 weeks I've been working for a commercial aquarium maintenance company that services nearly 50,000 gallons of aquaria. The best part about it is that I am the reef guy. The company has some truly amazing tanks- I was at one today that when you look thru the tank, the Washington Monument is in the background.

This beats the pants off the defense contracting job I had previously.

What? You're not around the corner anymore? Now where am I going to get that quart of methylene chloride? :biggrin:

Seriously, Rob, I'm really happy for you. Just having a job these days is good. But having one that not only satisfies, but also involves your passion... that's like gold.

Congrats Rob...That is amazing! Now quick draw a map and show the rest of us how you escaped the maze so we can be free to!

Ray

(edited)

Which company?

I was wondering that as well. I am looking for a job in the IT sector for a while now and hearing about people with their dream jobs is encouraging!

Congrats Rob...That is amazing! Now quick draw a map and show the rest of us how you escaped the maze so we can be free to!

Ray

LOL! Good one, good one!

Edited by Reefoholic

Congrats, Rob!

Are the NIH tanks on your list of tanks to maintain?? I noticed that the fish only saltwater tank in building 10 just got a facelift.

Are the NIH tanks on your list of tanks to maintain?? I noticed that the fish only saltwater tank in building 10 just got a facelift.

yes. any suggestions?

Ah, I was so confused because you once told me you wouldn't touch that area, but now I understand that PM you sent me. Glad to see you guys got the NIH account back too.

(edited)

yes. any suggestions?

Ooo! let me think about it! I always have suggustions :)

Edited by Kristen9

Congrats man. Having a dream job is awesome. Please share some pics if possible.