February '09 WAMAS Meeting

zoozilla

Today's meeting was a "BLAST". Wasn't lucky at the raffle table this time around but purchased some 1st rate frags. Thank you Chris, Rik, and Almon ;)

A Big Thank You to special guest speakers: Ned & Anna DeLoach for sharing their inspirational photos, personal diving experiences, and discoveries with us.

Hope you guys visit our group again :)

Whoops, posted on the other thread. We had a great time as well. And LOVE all the frags. GLAD I sold my skimmer :) Thanks everyone.

Won a $100 at mr. coral so that is pretty cool! Going to head up there tomorrow I think.

Edited by Sikryd

In addition to doing pretty well at the raffle, it was great seeing the bunch of you.

Man, oh man, could you believe some of the pictures that the DeLoach's have taken? And what a life they've led! No treadmill there.

Thanks to all that put the meeting together today.....this was my first WAMAS meeting in some time and I had a great time. I thought the speaker was one of the better I've seen for quite a while.

cheers,

Darren

Kudos to the organizers - that was an impressive effort. Also the generosity of the Vendors was extraordinary so a special thanks to all that participated. Thank you kind people.

Agreed - given the "invertebrate-centric" focus of the talk/photos, I found myself on the edge of my seat nearly the entire time. And, it just confirms my feeling of needing to get to Raja Ampat and Lembeh as soon as I possibly can.

Thank you very much to those who brought in the speakers for the meeting - fantastic. My compliments.

Cheers

Mike

Great meeting. This is the first time there wasn't excessive background talking during the presentation, which I believe is an indicator of the quality of the presentation.

I got the other $100 certificate :) Heading up to Mr. Coral soon!

Make sure next time you see Doug Arthur to thank him for this one! He made the connection with Ned and Anna last year when he went Lionfish collecting and has been maneuvering to get them here since then!

+1 on Ned and Anna. Amazing images and stories. Inspiring. :scuba:

Three cheers for the WAMAS officers, volunteers, and vendors who donated generously. This was a great meeting. Just the right mix of socializing, trading, and lecture. :clap: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :clap:

I haven't missed a quarterly meeting since I joined the club and I enjoyed this one more than any of the previous ones. The presentation by Ned and Anna was very interesting and the conversations at dinner afterward was just as entertaining. They really are great people and have a lifestyle that the rest of us can only dream about.

Special thanks to BRK for donating the 48" Orbit T5 light fixture that I won in the raffle. I guess I will set up a frag tank after all! :biggrin:

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to mention the visit by Happy the Clown (hope I got the name right!). He was a big hit with the kids--even one of the bigger kids!

Sorry James, I couldn't resist... :biggrin:

img108.jpg

img109.jpg

For anyone who doesn't know, the clown is Holly's (hbh's) husband. He's amazing with those twisty balloons, even makes fishies!

Dang, not only did I miss a great show, but a clown too!!!

:cry: