I'm back and married!

phisigs79

(edited)

Ok so I finally got married this past Sunday and glad to be back. Over the past few months my tank has taken a hit since i could not focus my attention on it. Between a Alk over dose (x2), low PH and water instability i have lost quite a bit in the last month. I lost 3 colonies, 10 frags and have bleaching on almost every SPS in my tank (some are still bleaching). Man I'm glad to be married but sad to look at the tank. I dont even know where to start to try and fix this. Doesnt help that I'm broke at the same time

gallery_621_7_43646.jpg

Edited by phisigs79

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats on the nuptials!

Just take your time and work on it slowly, but for starters I would dip all of your corals to try and help them come back.

GL

Ok so I finally got married this past Sunday and glad to be back. Over the past few months my tank has taken a hit since i could not focus my attention on it. Between a Alk over dose (x2), low PH and water instability i have lost quite a bit in the last month. I lost 3 colonies, 10 frags and have bleaching on almost every SPS in my tank (some are still bleaching). Man I'm glad to be married but sad to look at the tank. I dont even know where to start to try and fix this. Doesnt help that I'm broke at the same time

congrats :clap:

sounds like you ended up in a similar situation to me with the tank neglect

Congrats and would use the "Old School" terminology of congrats on just one *** for the rest of your life. :) Good lucky and many wishes.

priorities people!! i think just start with water changes and not dose anything, like take calcium reactor offline. and such. then monitor your params as you get everything back to normal. thats what i did when i got an alk overdose. that is if you have a calcium reactor.

oh and congrats on the marriage. :biggrin:

I dont have a calcium reactor but do have a kalk reactor which caused the overdose. I am not sure why i have such a low PH problem (7.6) but i think it may be caused by having 4 family members staying with us for 4 days and the kalk reactor had older kalk in it. I cleaned out the kalk reactor and was gone for 2 days and noticed the tank sitting at 7.8 yesterday. Hopefully this is a start. Alk was sitting at 9.7 DKH and calcium was pretty low at 360. I tested Nitrates and didnt getting any reading. Whats a good way to stop SPS from bleaching all the way? Is just getting the PH straight enough?

That would be some sexy guy i know. Here are two more pics:

gallery_621_7_33886.jpg

gallery_621_7_11652.jpg

Grats, Chris!!

For those of you who have never seen her - and you can't see her very well in that picture - some ape is shading her face - that is one of the most beautiful brides you've ever seen.

I guess you took it to heart when I said if you didn't ask her to marry you - I would! And I've only had 20 words with her over the course of a year! :)

By the way, that 'purple acro' frag from you that never quite turned purple - is one of the corals that was hardest hit by my high nitrates. Never seen a coral have such ups and downs. It must be wild-caught. It went from two 2" branches, to just a 'patch' about 3/4" in diameter of encrustation. But that 'patch' is doing well now that my nitrates are under control.

Just go easy with the tank - you've had it perfect before, you can get it that way again.

Grats again!

bob

Congrats Chris, you guys look beautiful together. I am sure it was a beautiful day.

I hope your tank recovers, just take it slowly.

Sandy

Congrats on getting married! I love your pond wedding picture. So did you try to talk her into getting married in a reef, or did she not like the idea of a white scuba suit?