I'm back and married!

phisigs79

congrats chris, sorry to hear about the tank, but hey least you have a great excuse for getting more corals.

"honey we had your wedding now im having my tank......"

id recommend ducking after saying that :bb:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks everyone! :biggrin: Bob you made my wife's day when she read what you wrote. Now back to the tank. So i did a 15-20g water chnage and the PH is sitting alittle over 7.8 ALK is 10.2 dkh didnt measure Calcium but i know its alittle low. Is there anything i can do to stop the bleaching? All my corals are still bleaching and not stopping. The way it looks, they arent planning on stopping. If thats the case i might have to call it quits, as i cant seeing starting all over after collecting and growing all these corals for over 2 years

they are all attached to the rocks, i would have to tear the tank apart to dip them

Are the corals bleaching (tissue remains on the skeleton but turns very pale or white) or are they dieing/STNing (tissue disintigrates and blows off the skeleton entirely)?

If the corals are bleaching, they may well recover in time. If it's the latter, I would frag some good pieces off as insurance.

Good luck and don't even think of quitting. As soon as you break the tank down, you'll want to set it back up again.

Jon

some are bleaching others are STNing I have never seen some many starfish on corals before. I guess they are cleaning off the dead tissue

Anyone willing to bring over their test kits and help me figure out whats off on my tank? The way its going, i might not have much left in a few weeks. I tested Alk and its at 10.2 dkh. PH is sitting around 7.8-8.0 and steady. I have done a two water changes in the last week but i cannot stop it. I never felt had something like this that i could not control. I need someone to come over with more experience and see whats going on

tanks runs 78-81. Havent verified the temp but will tonight. Temp probe is less than a year old

i really just need someone with a Phosphate kit, Magnesium kit and ALK kit (to verify my alk), Also would like to get my hands on Nitrate, Ammonia, Nitrite and PH (to verify my probe is still accurate). I can pay someone in frags in the future

i really just need someone with a Phosphate kit, Magnesium kit and ALK kit (to verify my alk), Also would like to get my hands on Nitrate, Ammonia, Nitrite and PH (to verify my probe is still accurate). I can pay someone in frags in the future

i don't have magnesium but have API tests for the rest....if interested just PM me.

Mike

Hey Chris, I won't be able to make it out your way, but if you want, you're welcome to stop by with some of your water and I can test it. I have Alk, Phosphate, and MG - salifert kits as well as a hana phosphate meter.

Anyone have Salifert test kits that are willing to come see what im dealing with?

Anyone have Salifert test kits that are willing to come see what im dealing with?

Chris,

Give me a call. I have everything you need.

Chris,

I have seen alot worse things happen to a tank after the owner gets married.....feel lucky my friend!

Bryan

Thanks everyone for the help and offers. Took some water over to SteveM's and my water is pretty close to right on!

PO was very low

MAG was little low

Alk 9.8 dkh

nitarate 0

Ammonia 0

Salinity little low 1.024

Ph is arounf 7.9-8.1 now

Steve was nice enough to let me borrow a coral dipping solution so i cut off the bleached parts on the larger peices and diped all the corals. Fingers crossed that it stops

Anyone have my green tabling acro? I Lost my colony and have traded/sold quite a few in the past. Also lost my soli and a bunch of milli frags. Green bottlebrush colony is almost gone too.

Anyone have my green tabling acro? I Lost my colony and have traded/sold quite a few in the past. Also lost my soli and a bunch of milli frags. Green bottlebrush colony is almost gone too.

I think I still have the green table and bottlebrush.

Well the only peices that stopped bleaching so far are the ones that i fragged. Frags that were already mounted are still RTNing. Guess i need to snip of little nubs of whats left. Purple monster is one of them that wont stop :cry: Man this is frustrating

ok well i still have stuff that is STNing for some reason. I now am going to lose my purple monster! I have fragged almost everything that is really bad. Some are goners other look like they have stopped. Ones i havent fragged are still slowly STNing. I verified my temp and its right on. My PH has been in the 8.0 range all times of the day. Salinty is fine. Anything i am missing? I have never had a problem like this ever so have no idea what i can do to stop it and move on. I have done about 3 15g water changes in the last 2 weeks.

Hey Chris, Congrat on finally getting married. :) You got a great girl there.

So have you tried to address this:

MAG was little low ?

Whats a little low? 1100 or something like 900, that would be REALLY low.

your tank is a 90 right, plus your sump? total 120 gallons? or more. and you did a 3 15 gallon water changes over 2 weeks?

thats like a 10% water change per exchange. not much.

Edited by rocko918

believe Mag was 1260 or something close to that. I agree 10 % is not alot. Tank is 75g+40g+10g+29g=154g