RBTA fragging video by flowerseller of WAMAS.ORG

Here's my new video of RBTA fragging taken by our buddy "kngfisher" that will go on my anemone site once it's finished.

I also have some awesome pix that will show a step by step tutorial explaining in detail extactly how to do the division and acheive excellent results.

Hope it works and that you enjoy.

Please share your thoughts, experiences or suggestions.

Nice video. How long before you can quarter one of the clones? The parent looks like it was about 4" before cutting, is that about right? I usually cut them at 3-4", but only in half. Then about a month before cutting again.

I find the "healing" time really depends how many I take from it.

It also plays a bearing on how successful the clones become.

I've pretty much settled on 1/4 divides.

My reasoning is manyfold, but in a nutshell,

fastest # for return time

much better success rate on 1/4 divides

I've cloned as many as 8 from one but lost 2 divides and the return time to get back to a nice looking clone is too long to make it worth while.

I can return an approximately 4" x 1/4 divide anemone clone back into "service" in about 3 months.

I typically 1/4 divide a healthy 3.5 - 4", sell/auction/trade 3 after about 1.5 - 2 months, and grow one out to return to "service".

You gotta love it.

I'm getting ready to pull 6 or so from my main display breakdown this weekend. These are all virgin clones from the initial main cloning several years ago. This will keep me really busy and well stocked for the next several weeks.

Very cool video. Can't wait to see the RBTA's and hopefully I can sneak a peek at where you place them to heal. I saw some other videos on split BTA"s but this was probably the most clear to see and understand.

Woa dude! We need an emoticon with it's jaw on the floor. That's awesome. Personally, I don't think I could do that to my $90 anemone. Maybe when my RBTA gets bigger you can come over and frag it for me. Just one thing though: *Beware* of Black Percs. They *do* bite.

(edited)

I want one, lets trade some day when you have a spare. (be sure not to give me a fader though :biggrin: )

Edited by Leishman

Great video but I couldn't watch it all the way through! LOL! I'm squeamish... POP... close eyes... is he done yet? Phew! I think I'll just have you do my BTA sometime! Thanks for showing us- even with my eyes closed. :biggrin:

That was amazing:) If that makes you squemish NEVER watch the meet your meat videos...I had a vegi friend force me to watch it.. that was a very cool video can you divide large palys in the same way or mushrooms?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

bump.jpg

For those of you not close enough to see it live yesterday.

As the keeper of an RBTA of Chip's that was "born" in May, I have to report that my little guy is doing great! I watch the video clip and wonder how they can survive that cutting, but I have evidence in my tank that they can thrive afterwards!

I accidentally ripped the side off of one that I got from Chip. The sliver of anemone had no mouth, maybe 5 tentacles and a thin strip of a body and I didn't think there was any chance it would survive. I figured it deserved a chance though so I placed it in a plastic cup in a protected area of my sump for a couple of weeks.

"Sliver" crawled out of the cup after about two weeks so I relocated him/her to the main tank. It was touch and go for the next few weeks but I now have another happy and healthy, fully developed anemone. These things are tougher than they look!

bump.jpg

For those of you not close enough to see it live yesterday.

awesome!! I hate saabs(scabs)

as bob said i think its amazing how some of these creatures survive what we put them through.

If I don't have my tank in shape 6 months from now I'm going to be really POed at myself... I want to get my RBTA from the FF in there.

• 7 months later...
Here's my new video of RBTA fragging taken by our buddy "kngfisher" that will go on my anemone site once it's finished.

Did you ever get your web site up and running?

I'm interested in learning more about the purple anemones in your farm.

What kind is that, and are they becoming more a custom to being fragged? I think you told me once they were not quite as hardy as the RBTA?