My 90g Rimless Starphire Tank

I have always loved rimless/shallow tanks and have wanted to order one from quite some time. Once I saw Danskim's I couldn't resist and put in my order a week later. :) I decided to order it from glass cages. I am having Bob (YBeNormal) build my stand. I wanted it modeled after an Elos system. Since it is a rimless tnak, I'll have a floating canopy similar to the one pictured below.

Tank:

48"x24"x18" (Yes that is correct... 24" deep and only 18" tall)

3-sides Starphire, Rimless, Black silicon on all seams, No trim anywhere, Corner overflow box w/ black cover.

Lighting:

(2) 250w Icecap Ballasts

(2) 250w Radium 20ks

(1) Icecap 660

(2) 48" ATI B+ bulbs in Icecap SLR T5 Reflectors

(2) 48" URI VHO Super Actinics

Flow:

(4) Tunze 6055 Nano Streams

(1) Tunze 7095 Multi-controller

(1) Eheim 1260 return pump

Control:

Neptune AC Jr

JBJ ATO System

Filtration/Misc:

Deltec APF600 Protein Skimmer

Deltec PF501 Calcium Reactor

Sanders 25mg/hr Ozonizer

Milwalkee ORP Controller

Phosban Reactor for Carbon

Here are some pics for you all.

Here is what the stand is modeled after. (maybe bob will post some progress pics. :)

)

Dsc001Large-8.jpg

Canopy

fin.jpg

Some equipment

photo-51.jpg

photo-50.jpg

photo-49.jpg

Shallow holding tank:

photo-54.jpg

photo-53.jpg

Edited by 143gadgets

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris, you said rimless but in the tank with the picture it looks like there is a brush aluminum rim going around the whole thing? Or is that a trick of the light? That holding tank is SICK!

Cool idea on the canopy. I think I've seen that tank before... it's an L-shape right?

Nice holding tank too... it's packed!

Tanks! I'm not sure if it's an L-shaped tank. I just came across the pic on C and saved it.

Chris, you said rimless but in the tank with the picture it looks like there is a brush aluminum rim going around the whole thing? Or is that a trick of the light? That holding tank is SICK!

Thanks! That isn't my tank, but it does have a rim. It's just what my floating canopy is being modeled after.

Chris, I'm going to love buying this tank off of you in three months when you upgrade.

G.

I honestly think this tank will last Chris over 12 months.

Chris, I'm going to love buying this tank off of you in three months when you upgrade.

G.

NOT a chance!!!

I honestly think this tank will last Chris over 12 months.

I'd say it's gonna last a bit longer than that!

that floating canopy is very cool. i have no where near the skills to build something of that caliber :(

Thanks! I wish I had the capabilities to do it as well. That's why you hire the sweetest wood worker in the area to do it. :)

Thanks! I wish I had the capabilities to do it as well. That's why you hire the sweetest wood worker in the area to do it. :)

Wow! Now I have to live up to that compliment! :blush:

(edited)

Wow! Now I have to live up to that compliment! :blush:

LOL!!! I'm sure it will be the better than Elos. :)

Edited by 143gadgets

I'm sure he was talking about me even though he doesn't know it yet. :clap: :clap: :clap:

LOL!!!

Well GC called and told me the tank will be here on Saturday!!! Only downside is i can't fill it up for 3 weeks. i think i may wait 4 weeks just to be safe!

NEW TANK IS HERE!!!!

Picked it up today and it looks awesome! Thanks Bob and Scott! I don't even understand why people complain about the silicone. Mine looks really nice. There is only silicone between the glass panes. Very clean job.

photo-60.jpg

photo-59.jpg

photo-58.jpg

photo-57.jpg