What does your screen name signify?

jamesbuf

Mystical = I love castle, Kings...... all things during that era....... I have traced my mothers side to the Duart Castle on the Isle of Mull in Scotland.....

Lady = well, I was the last time I looked :wig:

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Krewlor - I used to play an online roleplaying game many years ago called Gemstone. It was a game based on magic and sword fighting evil creatures for silver coins, which allowed you to purchase items inside the game. The longer you played the more levels your character gained. The game is text based, no pictures and it is still around today. I sold the character to another player for some real life "silver" but I continue to use the name for other things outside the game.

Brian

I played Gemstone III on GEnie. $6/hour, I believe. 1980's, I believe. 300-baud modem at first, then 600, and 1200. If I had put the money I spent on Gemstone, Stellar Warrior, and Stellar Emperor in the bank, I'd have a fine little nest egg. But I still have the pewter cup they sent me for winning Stellar Emperor one month; "Emperor of the universe".

bob

Lanman ... The first time I really needed a userid on the internet, was when I was trying to find out information on how to operate 'Lan Manager' - an ancient network operating system (which was not ancient at the time). The program is long gone, but the userid is still current, including my e-mail address; lanman at megapipe dot net.

bob

Well, at least you didn't pick "lantastic"...........talk about ancient.

When we had a FOWLR tank about five years ago, my husband did all the work and understood all the details. This was back when plenums were the rage, live sand was new (and expensive), protein skimmers and sand filters were newly "in" but not essential, etc.

It was all bewildering to me, and our water quality was obviously not great, 'cause we had several fish kills from ich and other source.

But, with all that, I loved our tank, and missed it. This summer, I was pleading for a return to salt-water fish keeping, and found an 80g bow going for a good price. My husband said, "Yes!" This time, I determined that I would learn all the ins and outs of reef keeping so that all of the burden of maintenance and blame for anything that went wrong would not all fall on him and discourage him. Besides, we wanted a hobby that both of us would enjoy, and so I determined to enter in fully.

So, in support of my loving and gracious husband, I became "the FishWife" and am the research and development end of our two-person hobby.

(GREAT thread, btw!)

Edited by FishWife

forest (forrest) is made up of trees

a tree sprite is a creature you might find living in the wood of trees in an enchanted forest, like a pixie or faerie, that is kind of symbiotic with the tree

Are there any enchanted forest' in Va.?

It was my a nickname my HS soccer team gave me. I think it was a combination of the following words

spaz - because i am such a klutz

star - the best soccer player

9 - jersey #

= staz == st9z

Your "User name"

Have to take mine in two parts, well three maybe:

OU - Oklahoma University, my alma mater for both undergrad and grad school. Sooner born and Sooner bred...

snakebyte - reptiles, snakes in particular, are/were my first passion with a sort of 'emphasis' in herpetology as an undergrad.

The 'byte' part is just as in computer byte and is meant as a play on words... instead of snakebite. Get it...? Clever, I know.

Boomer Sooner

Mike

Edited by OUsnakebyte

Well mine is not very creative.I'm in to snowsking and I'm in the ski buissness and it my email address. I joined last year during the frag meet and just used skicurtis...I need to get one of those avatars :idea:

Curtis

:biggrin:

I thought you were thinking "enchanted florist".

I think the enchanted forest could be found inside your tank :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Ocean Arcade

The name of my arcade where the reef tank takes center stage!

Jeff

you will understand when you see it :)

SO when do we get to see it?

I get the first and last part, but how do filters enter into the equation? :biggrin:

"We can fix him. We have the technology...." Just say the word and it shall be done.

It's alright. It has sorta stuck now so I'll keep it for now. Thanks!

• 5 years later...

I was trying to find out what happened to that Ocean Arcade guy and this fun thread came up in the search list because he had posted a response to it. I think since there are so many new people it would be fun if they could join in with responses about their own screen names.

My screen name is quite simply my real name. My first name is Todd and my last name is Robinson. This started on my neighborhoods forum site Valley Chatter and I ran the neighborhood watch so it was easier to just use my real name.

Lol...I always chose this s/n since I had started with a 35g tank back in the day.

..it's never been taken in the 10 years and multiple forums I've been on...

And it's cute :)

Huly- is my cat's name.  We got him at 3 weeks old and the entire side of his face was messed up.  We knew he would lose an eye so after going over pirate names we came up with Chihuly after Dale Chihuly (glassblower who did the ceiling at the belagio as he only has one eye too), We call him Huly for short.  My dad says it stands for hooligan lol.  Well when I joined my first forum (extremeskins) I decided to use Huly as a username as I could not forget it and I did not think I would be on there much.  Long story short it has turned into a nickname for me as I am always on ES and run events etc.  So now I use Huly for everything plus my cat Huly is a mama's boy and I adore him.  :)

HulyPlay.jpg

Fun thread to resurrect.

"Origami" is a nod to my Japanese (mom's side) heritage.

It's a really, really old sekret.  Like god, sex, secret, ace, 123, and abc.    Get it? 

When I joined I had been tainted by an LFS as to how this place was essentially a dirtball's paradise and he hated everyone here.  I can say that none of it was true.  But having heard such horrible things from him, I picked a name that would maintain my anonymity while I checked it out.  I should change it, but I am lazy, and you all would be like, "Who's the new guy w/ 1000 posts?!!"

mine is a nod to my brother who played for Green bay Packers so Packman and his number was 90

That is so cool. It looks like he's moved on to some meaningful stuff in retirement, too. Good for him!