zotzer's 46G bowfront

zotzer

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(edited)

Got some nice new corals, a lime green monti cap, a purple chalice, and a new very nice piece of rock covered in 7 yumas. Also, the new Mag3 for the skimmer. Can you say "microbubbles"? LOL

Anyway, will clean the glass up tomorrow, and hope the microbubbles subside over the next few days, but here's an updated shot under the actinics. I think I am "done" now, and want to let things grow in and fill out....at least until I find two perfect, large, arch-shaped rocks to fill out the upper portion of the tank a bit. :)

Tracy

gallery_1752_3_154612.jpg

Edited by zotzer

Yeah Jason...the pre-skimmer is probably next. I was trying to decide what pump to upgrade to. Now that I've got the Mag, I know what skimmer box to get, if there is *room*.

You were right...this pump is pretty big, so the skimmer box will be a beast.

Maybe I will find some nice big rocks and camoflage it. LOL

T

Tracy, I called the Remora people a few years back (excellent customer service) about upgrading the pump on my Remora and they told me that it they discourage people from doing it because the skimmer was designed to only accept a certain amount of flow through it for optimum performance. Can't remember exactly what they said about how the skimmer performance would decline though. Needless to say, mines still chugging away with the MJ 1200 - over 4 years now. I'm inteseted to find out how your Remora performs with the bigger pump. Keep me posted.

The tank looks great!

Edited by Sugar Magnolia

Mine is the Remora Pro, and since they sell it with the Mag3 as an upgrade option, I figured it was safe. :)

It's amazing how much more foam it is making. I'd adjusted the cup upward, but still woke up to a 1/2 full skimmer cup. I've moved it up to nearly it's highest setting, so we'll see where it ends up once I get it adjusted properly.

Tracy

Some updated pics....

FTS

gallery_1752_1_7496.jpg

New Yuma rock and some rics (Shroom Central)

gallery_1752_1_152154.jpg

Spot's ricordea garden

gallery_1752_1_59609.jpg

Sunshine the hogfish

gallery_1752_1_17136.jpg

Harry the potter's angel

gallery_1752_1_29171.jpg

gallery_1752_1_96273.jpg

All of the fish (except for Spot)

gallery_1752_1_164333.jpg

Tracy

Tracy - I think you need one of these fiji's for your ricordia garden:

IMG_0847.jpg

They even look cool under blue LED's:

IMG_0845.jpg

Just let me know if you want one. I haven't had a chance to frag one yet, but it's been reproducing, and one of them just happens to be RIGHT on the corner of the rock - easy dremel job.

bob

Just let me know if you want one. I haven't had a chance to frag one yet, but it's been reproducing, and one of them just happens to be RIGHT on the corner of the rock - easy dremel job.

Bob,

Those are beautiful! I'd LOVE one! I have some two-mouthed rics I was planning to bring to the mtg so that someone can show me how to slice and dice them. Maybe we can make a trade. :)

Sigh....so pretty!

Sorry about the misunderstanding Tracy. I thought you had a plain old Remora.

Awww, thanks! And no worries about the skimmer. The "pro" is probably oversized for my tank, but it was a bargain. :)

Weee hooooo.....Junior discovered the anemone! Pardon the horrible pic. The tank lights are off, and Medusa is all shrunken up, but I had to try to get a pic anyway. Now let's hope that his girlfriend follows suit. (she is still sleeping up in the corner of the tank)

Tracy

gallery_1752_1_86034.jpg

You know what happens when you name all your fish right? :)

Hey... at least you have something to put on the headstone besides 'fish - 2006-2007'.

bob

What???

Hey, at least no one is named Nemo or Dory! :)

T

I bet the fish are grateful.

(edited)

Well, I know you all with clownfish will probably "ho hum" at this, but I am not going to get anything done for the rest of the night (maybe week).

I have a beautiful new "show" happening in my tank, and I can hardly take my eyes off it!! Thanks to Junior, Kismet has followed suit and I have a happy, hosting pair of clownfish. The anemone is half of her normal size, as she adjusts to the new onslaught, and Harry the Potter's Angel is a bit perturbed by the female clownfish's newfound protectiveness. There is quite the drama playing out in the tank, and I am loving every second of it.

It's was actually a challenge to type this, as I can hardly take my eyes off of them!! :)

heee heee heee...I am tickled pink!!!!

Some photo evidence:

gallery_1752_1_278594.jpg

gallery_1752_1_162478.jpg

Tracy

Edited by zotzer

Thanks, Francis! They are totally cracking me up, and really putting on quite a show!

T

Don't you just love it when a plan works out!

Grats, Tracy!

bob

Don't you just love it when a plan works out!

Grats, Tracy!

bob

I do! They are so cute wiggling all around in there. Kismet is kicking up quite the sandstorm, though. No still photo would ever capture how much fun this is!! :)

Thanks!

T

Great news Tracy! glad to see they finally figured it out. It took my misbar clown a week or two to figure out that the anem I put in the tank was for him. It gets a little bent out of shape when I go to feed the BTA, but so far I haven't been bitten. Years ago I had a clarkii and an LTA and the clarkii used to bite me anytime I stuck my hand in the tank to do routine maintmenece.

Thanks Adrienne!

I just backtracked through my thread, and it looks like I added the LTA on 9/16, so my Kismet is a slow learner...about 5-6 weeks! LOL She slept in it last night, so I no longer have to worry about her twitching herself out of the top of the tank like her former mate did, thank heavens.

Tank dynamics have already changed a bit. Kismet and Spot, the blenny, got into quite a tussle last night. She also chased the juvie out of the nem a few times, and he retreated back to the mushroom rock, but then she would go "fetch" him back. Looks like he spent the night sleeping in the mushrooms again though.

Can hardly wait until the lights come back on...but have a few hours to go. I'm working from home this morning, since I have an evening work function, so I get to watch them some more! :)

Tracy