zotzer's 46G bowfront

zotzer

• Replies 313
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thats awesome... I remeber when my clown started hosting the my frogspwan I sat there for at least 30 min watching :) congrats! :cheers:

(edited)

Well, the party is over...at least for the time being. Medusa has packed up her ball and gone home. She is buried completely in the sand now. So much so that I can no longer see any evidence of her at all...not even the tiniest tip of a tentacle. :(

What a bummer! I hope she resurfaces soon!! Kismet is scouring the nearby rockwork looking for her anemone. It's kind of sad, actually.

Tracy

Edited by zotzer

thats awesome... I remeber when my clown started hosting the my frogspwan I sat there for at least 30 min watching :) congrats! :cheers:

Is it okay for the frogspawn if the clowns uses it like an anemone? The reason I am asking b/c my clowns do the same thing.

wow Tracy I didnt know anemone can bury itself in the sand. I hope she comes back soon.

Well, the party is over...at least for the time being. Medusa has packed up her ball and gone home. She is buried completely in the sand now. So much so that I can no longer see any evidence of her at all...not even the tiniest tip of a tentacle. :(

What a bummer! I hope she resurfaces soon!! Kismet is scouring the nearby rockwork looking for her anemone. It's kind of sad, actually.

Tracy

Poor Medusa - she just couldn't handle the pressure of so much intense clowning! I expect she will get used to it eventually.

bob

I'm home from a dinner meeting, and thankfully, Medusa is back out. Only about half of her normal size, but she's back! Kismet is busy keeping everyone away....even Junior, unfortunately. :( Hopefully he can use his charms to get back in eventually. ROFL

And St9z, LTAs bury their foot in sand, usually under a rock. It's amazing how totally tiny they can shrink up....so much so that they can completely retract. It really is wild!!

Tracy

I'm home from a dinner meeting, and thankfully, Medusa is back out. Only about half of her normal size, but she's back! Kismet is busy keeping everyone away....even Junior, unfortunately. :( Hopefully he can use his charms to get back in eventually. ROFL

And St9z, LTAs bury their foot in sand, usually under a rock. It's amazing how totally tiny they can shrink up....so much so that they can completely retract. It really is wild!!

Tracy

Now wait a minute... Junior FOUND the darned anemone, and invited Kismet to join him in it. And now Kismet has kicked out Junior? Call Judge Judy - something ain't right here! Whose name is on that lease, anyhow?

bob

Now wait a minute... Junior FOUND the darned anemone, and invited Kismet to join him in it. And now Kismet has kicked out Junior? Call Judge Judy - something ain't right here! Whose name is on that lease, anyhow?

Exactly, Bob! It is quite unjust! Actually, he has been splitting his time between the mushrooms and the anemone. Seems like she lets him hang for a while, but then he heads back to the bachelor pad for some rest. And, like all those Canadians in a recent study of married couples...they seem to prefer sleeping apart...Kismet in the 'nem, and Junior in the shrooms. LOL

T

Exactly, Bob! It is quite unjust! Actually, he has been splitting his time between the mushrooms and the anemone. Seems like she lets him hang for a while, but then he heads back to the bachelor pad for some rest. And, like all those Canadians in a recent study of married couples...they seem to prefer sleeping apart...Kismet in the 'nem, and Junior in the shrooms. LOL

T

Ah, yes... I remember the sleeping apart thing. My EX used to like it that way. I'd sleep at home with the kids, and she'd sleep ... Okay - that was just mean. I erased it. Shame on me.

bob

LOL

Nice that you can joke about it now....right? :blush:

T

Who's laughing!! Oh... me... funny thing, though - I never knew she was Canadian. She doesn't LOOK Canadian. And yeah - we get along fine, now. I silently thank her almost daily for my single-ness. Why do you think I can put whatever kind of a tank I want in the basement? If I wanted to steal a $10,000 fish out from under some guy in Japan - nobody would tell me NO! Glad I'm not into angels like Copps is, or I might have done it!

Eat, Drink, Think, Sleep aquariums!

bob

Eat, Drink, Think, Sleep aquariums!

bob

Well, one must have a hobby! :biggrin:

Speaking of hobbies, I'm off to load up the car and head to a dog show (which is sure to be a muddy mess). It's making me think I need to pare down MY hobbies! LOL

Hope I have good news to report later today!

Tracy

(edited)

I've been looking for a nice piece of LR to fill out the top of my tank. Well yesterday at F&F, I found just the right piece of tonga branch. Funny...it seemed to have color on it in the store, but at home in my tank it looks pure white next to my more seasoned rock. It was fully cured, but my thought is that it was once covered in heavy coralline that had died. Hopefully, it will color up soon, but I think it's just the perfect shape and fills out the aquascape nicely. Most importantly...more room now for more corals! LOL

Tracy

gallery_1752_3_47145.jpg

Edited by zotzer

I've been looking for a nice piece of LR to fill out the top of my tank. Well yesterday at F&F, I found just the right piece of tonga branch. Funny...it seemed to have color on it in the store, but at home in my tank it looks pure white next to my more seasoned rock. It was fully cured, but my thought is that it was once covered in heavy coralline that had died. Hopefully, it will color up soon, but I think it's just the perfect shape and fills out the aquascape nicely. Most importantly...more room now for more corals! LOL

Tracy

gallery_1752_3_47145.jpg

That will look nice; and you will be amazed how fast it will color up. The last large rock I added to my tank was white, like that - and it was green in 3 days, and purple in a week. The slimer frag is growing great guns! And the previous owner of the mushrooms must be pleased to see them doing so well!

bob

(edited)

The slimer frag is growing great guns!

It IS! Actually looks like a coral now, instead of a stump. LOL

You can't tell from the picture, but that little orange monti has little nubs all over the place. The cup coral and the fuzzy pavona are very much alive too, but they are very slow to grow in my tank.

I really hope the red fuzzy one takes off, as I think it will look pretty when it grows up!! It's indeed very fuzzy, with lots of movement. And although it has grown a bit...nothing even close to the slimer's rate.

The neon color of the slimer will look great right there in the middle of the tank as it matures, I think.

Am considering upgrading the lights soon to an aquactinics fixture. That will probably help too.

And the previous owner of the mushrooms must be pleased to see them doing so well!

I think he is glad to be rid of them. They are very prolific! Frankly, I love them!! They make a beautiful showpiece in the tank.

The purple/green mushrooms you gave me are also gorgeous. They are getting really big, although they haven't propagated yet. They never look as nice in the pictures as they do in real life, but they are super pretty.

Tracy

Edited by zotzer

Gosh darnit, I LOVE my blenny!!! He's da man. I just put this new rock in the tank on Friday, and as you can see, he has claimed the highest spot on the rock as his new "throne". What a trip this fish is!!

med_gallery_1752_6_591529.jpg

med_gallery_1752_6_303398.jpg

Tracy

your blenny is a photo hog, not gonna be a jumper right?

I think he's learned his lesson! He's the one of the tank bosses, I can't see anything forcing him out, and don't think he'd jump again....at least I hope not! He was very reluctant to even go near the top of the tank for a long time after the first incident.

Tracy

(edited)

Hey Bob,

Here is the Incredible Recovering Xenia! This stuff had melted down to nubs and I managed to save it. It's growing like nuts in the nano (you can see lots of little outcroppings on the bottom). My black clown goby looked put-off by my photo session, so I couldn't resist getting one of "Mr. Serious". So much for the "clown" part of his name! LOL

gallery_1752_1_284537.jpg

gallery_1752_1_205677.jpg

While I am at it, figured I'd give you a WAMAS rock update. That was then:

gallery_1752_1_90611.jpg

This is now (I have it propped up on another rock in the nano, to get the mushrooms to propogate to the second rock. So far there is at least one baby that has firmly attached itself)

gallery_1752_1_9864.jpg

Edited by zotzer

Tracy,

have you thought about starting a new thread under general? Like Tracy's tank progress or some such thing? I would just say you aren't new to this anymore and your tank is established.

(edited)

Tracy,

have you thought about starting a new thread under general? Like Tracy's tank progress or some such thing? I would just say you aren't new to this anymore and your tank is established.

That is sweet, Forrest. But in reality...it's only been a little over two months. Things will slow down for now...well, once I get some cool stuff to put on my big new rock. Maybe at the 6 month mark. :)

tracy

Edited by zotzer

That is sweet, Forrest. But in reality...it's only been a little over two months. Things will slow down for now...well, once I get some cool stuff to put on my big new rock. Maybe at the 6 month mark. :)

tracy

Okie dokie!