Marine Scene Disappointment

Guest mkprice

Additionally, the issue of discounts at MS is not germane to the topic of this thread. So, again you are free to discuss their discount policy or lack thereof, just do it in a new thread and let this one die.

It was a part of the initial post and I was just providing what details I knew regarding why her sister did not receive a WAMAS discount. I dont think I expressed an opinion one way or the other concerning the vendor because my opinion is to each his own. I was just trying to add to a civil conversation. Next time ill start a new thread.

Edited by SDBDRZ

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a part of the initial post and I was just providing what details I knew regarding why her sister did not receive a WAMAS discount. I dont think I expressed an opinion one way or the other concerning the vendor because my opinion is to each his own. I was just trying to add to a civil conversation. Next time ill start a new thread.

Oops, my bad I missed the part about discounts. Anyway, lets just let this one go. It has run its course.

• 1 month later...

I am afraid I have to add my displeasure with MS. I am not new to fish having had up to 7 tanks (mostly fresh) for more than 30 years. During the last 10 years of my renovation (yes its finally done) I gave up all my fish and equiptment promising myself when I finished I would reward myself with a big reef system. About 18 months ago I started shopping. Not wanting to transport and set the tank up myself I was looking for an accomplished store to do business with. Moving forward I spent arount $9800. for my 150 gal reef. including set up and all the necessary stuff to have a successful reef :fish: .

Well. so much for service after the event. I have called, begged and pleaded and threated Tom to do a follow up. I have a few problems, and lots of questions. It is always some excuse, he fired one service Mgr. lost a second service Mgr. But along the same time he cant find time to answer my questions. My chiller pump died within 7 months, the pro heat 2 heater went out within 8 months and I didnt have any instructions for my RO system or skimmer. Of course there were no warrienty sent in.............. Basically, I think the problem with the store is a problem of ego and attitude and not a whole lot of follow up service.

Finally, I still shop there. Their live stock has always looked good and have been healthy in my experience. As for purchacing anything else from them.......GET REAL. On line orders or a trip to Lancaster (The Pet Place) seems to be the way I go now. I like the staff at MS. I have a problem with Tom and the way he treats his customers. :fish: :fish: :fish: Allbbear

P.S. Nov. 2007 I just wanted to add months later that Tom told me he didn't want me in his store because I was a mean person.

Edited by Bob

Guest Arlo

Thats really crummy for the people who have gotten bad service at marine scene. I have always been treated well when i have been there. And the staff has been very helpful whole time ive been going there.

Arlo

• 2 months later...
Guest Undercoverdork

that is awful. i work in customer service for a local home builder and would never treat customers the way they do.

i just made a thread about them myself, check out what happened to me!

• 1 year later...

Ah. Thanks for clearing that up. I wuv my itsy bitsy little pod, but don't need the ones in the bottle. I do, however, have these magic beans I'll trade for a queen angel :-).

I didn't know how many people were frustrated with Marine Scene. I agree BRK is great.

FN

• 8 months later...
I have only bought a few things from them but I can attest to the customer service issues. I have been in there multiple times where I'd walk the whole store two or three times and nobody would ask if I needed anything. I could see if they were all waiting on other customers but that wasn't the case. Every time I go in with the expectation of getting something but the last three times I've walked out with nothing because of that. To me, three strikes and you're out.

I had the same experience. About five or six staff people standing around chatting amongst themselves behind the counter and at no time did anyone ask if I needed help. Finally after 45 minutes in the store I asked for pricing on a new 75 g setup only to find their prices about 50% higher than other quotes I have been getting. I won't go back.

I disagree. MS has a very nice, well lighted, clean and friendly store. They are one of two local stores that I would buy a fish from because they have a very good QT procedure. I find it hard to bash them on customer service.

Personally I've always had pretty good customer service at MS. Melissa has been great to me and one of the reasons I keep going back. I even ate her cookies without getting sick.

I have no problems with MS. Everyone had been friendly and everything I have ever bought from them has been healthy...

I just think that Aqua Co & BRK offer livestock that is just as good and take their service to another level....

Same here.

I have no problems with MS. Everyone had been friendly and everything I have ever bought from them has been healthy...

I just think that Aqua Co & BRK offer livestock that is just as good and take their service to another level....

The fine gentlemen at both BRK and Aqua Co are hobbyist them selves and I know they would be bothered to know if they sold you something from there store and it did not work out for your particular tank or setup. As for MS I have not had the grace to met the owner. I only walked in the shop twice first to get thrown back by the very proud prices and the time after to purchase a conch.