apcoleman's 250DD

Apcoleman

wow! Looking good Tony. After looking at that Haddoni I feel like I need an anemone only tank :). love the angels and the flower petal looks nice. Let me know if you ever decide to frag that one. 

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow! Looking good Tony. After looking at that Haddoni I feel like I need an anemone only tank :). love the angels and the flower petal looks nice. Let me know if you ever decide to frag that one.

I have been thinking about one setting one up because of that nem. In the summer I want to try and raise the clown fry and would set up a harem tank. There is just something about a tank full of clowns and nems.

I like the Regal angel. How long have you had him and how big is he?

I have had the Regal about 8 months now and he is roughly 5 inches and a great fish. He came in a little skinny and took a few days before he was eating with vigor. Mussells on the half shell is what he initially took to and now eats everything including pellets and the new era grazer and filled out nicely. I had to get rid of my clam because he went after it and he also keeps my zoas in check.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

The tank and I have been on somewhat of an autopilot. The male Bellus has great color and there is clearly a pecking order between him and the other two females.  There has been no fighting between them and I expect it to stay that way.  The Haddoni is nice and happy.  It has not moved since being introduced and has left my fish alone or they are just smart enough to stay away. It is super sticky.  The clowns still want nothing to do with it.  I have seen nice growth from many of the corals and can't wait until they really fill in the tank.  I may add some more frags to fill in some areas.  

At this point I have also had the Regal for over a year and I am happy to report that it eats EVERYTHING!  It was a little touch and go at the very beginning but I firmly believe that introducing it to the display immediately helped it learn from the other fish as to what was nice and tasty.  I no longer have a clam or zoas but I look at it as a small price to pay for having such a beautiful fish.  

B19F7552-397D-42B6-8B15-4637A5E6780D_zps

452132CF-FED5-4AAB-AA12-77B150ACA70F_zps

3B0135E3-8BEA-42A9-B731-7C9D5BEC0B74_zps

EE87153B-057B-4705-88DC-87F70DCD8C2F_zps

Getting some nice growth there.

Very nice

Love it

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Awesome!!

Thanks guys. I have really enjoyed the much simpler approach since the mini crash and have surprised even myself with the urge to resist tinkering with the tank. Stability is definitely the key in this hobby and not having a knee jerk reaction when something isn't going your way.

Looking nice. The only downside to having such a small tank is not being able to add fish.

Looking nice. The only downside to having such a small tank is not being able to add fish.

Get a bigger tank again! lol

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I was sad that the new era marine grazers were no longer available until I found this stuff! 

Edited by Apcoleman

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
(edited)

Tank has been going for two years as of next month.  I hit a few bumps along the way but I am still happy with how things are going.  The corals are growing very well and the fish are healthy and eating well.  My latest speed bump was that I noticed back in november my acros were not having much polyp extension.  Upon further examination I had redbugs.  I know, I should QT everything that goes in the tank but I dont.  I dont have the time with work to set up a separate system, monitor etc.  This time it caught up to me even though every thing that goes in gets dipped.  My vet was happy to provide me with the proper script to eliminate the little buggers and three weeks later I was redbug free.  Since then polyp extension has been incredible and the corals have taken off again.  I was still getting growth with the bugs but after the treatment, growth has really taken off.

DSC_7849_zpsnv9ejpfn.jpg

DSC_7846_zpsokeax5gh.jpg

DSC_7843_zpscxfpg1ta.jpg

Edited by Apcoleman

good shot of the regal - nice update!

Thanks Marcos!  

Looks awesome!!

Thanks Frank.  I cant wait until everything really fills in.  Its just a maintenance and waiting game at this point.