apcoleman's 250DD

Apcoleman

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big improvement over a year ago!

Is the carpet Nem still around?

Carpet nem is still alive and well. It has grown and knock on wood, has yet to eat a fish. My clowns still ignore it and continue to call the overflow home that is less than a foot away.

My bubble tip split the other week and I now have two. I am thinking of removing them because they are getting pretty close to some sps that are growing pretty quick. I got the BTA from Curtis and he mentioned this strain seems to stay on the smaller side. They havent moved much and I am lucky that the carpet nem has not moved once since being introduced.

If you got a true carpet, I bet the clowns would jump in w/in a day. 

When I got my clown it hosted the powerheads for months.  Then I got a very small green Gigantea.  The clown jumped in almost immediately.  While on vaca, the carpet vanished. I presume it died over the week and was absorbed by the water gods.  A few days later, the clown jumped into one of the 3 BTAs that I had.  

Your tank looks great. One day I hope to get my corals growing as nicely.

• 6 months later...

It has been a while since I have updated this and I finally remembered to snap a few pictures on the phone that I could post.  Work has kept me extremely busy and I thank myself everyday for reverting this tank back to a simpler setup.  My calcium/alk consumption started to get out of control so I have moved to Bruce's system of dosing Kalk and using the CaRx.  I removed a ton of red cap on the left side of my tank that was sucking up a ton of calc/alk in order to keep things in line and just clean up the tank.  I still need to trim a bunch of colonies that have started growing into each other (good problem to have) and try and remove a bubble tip or two that have split and are hanging around the back of my tank.  Fish are all staying well fed and getting along.  Every once in a while I debate about adding this fish or that fish but I have enjoyed having everything on cruise control.

FTS 7/24

left side

right side

Man. That has exploded! I was over not too long ago and it wasn't nearly that filled in.

Absolutely perfect. Is that monti cap from the frag I gave you when you joined? That's amazing if so!

Nice work Tony! Love the red. I've also adopted Bruce's method and have seen a significant speed up in coral growth.

(edited)

Absolutely perfect. Is that monti cap from the frag I gave you when you joined? That's amazing if so!

It is. That cap is bullet proof and the flower pedal is one of my favorites!

Edited by Apcoleman

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...