Build-apotamus

Haha, hey man, thanks for checking it out. Eye of the Tiger is gone, now everybody knows I'm just giving them the stink eye because that's now I look.

Ken, sit down, and plan your system out. Draw it, post it up, let WAMAS tear into it, redesign, do it again, then start!

I took some photos tonight just to try and play with the camera and the new lights. I only have my stock lens at the moment. Christmas wishlists have long since sailed, or else I would have put a nice macro on mine, one of these days I'll make it a priority to find one. It will really help with the zoa pics.

For now, these will have to do:

Eric borrowed my manual macro. When I get it back from him, you're welcome to borrow it and try it out.

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eric borrowed my manual macro. When I get it back from him, you're welcome to borrow it and try it out.

Thanks! I should really just buy one instead of continually borrowing. Just another thing on the list!

Thanks! I should really just buy one instead of continually borrowing. Just another thing on the list!

What kind of camera do you have again?

I always feel hesitant to buy a macro lens. Drop $950 on a good macro, or buy a lens I will use almost weekly? I like renting a macro lens a few times a year.

But if you plan to use it to take pictures of the tank a lot, go for it.

What kind of camera do you have again?

I always feel hesitant to buy a macro lens. Drop $950 on a good macro, or buy a lens I will use almost weekly? I like renting a macro lens a few times a year.

But if you plan to use it to take pictures of the tank a lot, go for it.

I could get a decent tamron macro for about $400, handle all my needs. I can't hold still enough to get top downs using anything past 60mm anyways. I've tried the 90mm, and still liked the 60. Now if I could get a clip Tripod or something to that effect with my look down, I would consider it. I guess with a remote.

Oh, and it's an old Nikon d90

I tried using the macro but my nikon D5100 wouldn't recoginize the lens. Not sure if I had to put it on a different setting but it would never take a picture while i had it on the camera

I tried using the macro but my nikon D5100 wouldn't recoginize the lens. Not sure if I had to put it on a different setting but it would never take a picture while i had it on the camera

Don't tell me that!!  I have the D5200 and I was looking at the Tamron! :mad:

It has to be on manual mode. Try that.

Don't tell me that!!  I have the D5200 and I was looking at the Tamron! :mad:

It's an OLD manual lens. It won't be recognized by any camera in an automatic setting. That would be the part where I said "Eric borrowed my manual macro." But it does work. I tried it with my Nikon before I took it over to him. You just need a good tripod.

I also woke up like this.

2e7f5951c320f0863250683b1c7eb5fa.jpg

Do you always sleep upside down?

And it was great seeing the tank in-person. That second sunburst show back up yet?

Do you always sleep upside down?

And it was great seeing the tank in-person. That second sunburst show back up yet?

It shows right side up for me! But yes, like a bat, from the rafters.

Thanks for stopping by! It did. I've called him Houdini, as he disappears and reappears pretty frequently.

It shows right side up for me! But yes, like a bat, from the rafters.

Thanks for stopping by! It did. I've called him Houdini, as he disappears and reappears pretty frequently.

Nice. Is his trick chaining himself above water and dramatically escaping?

Tapatalk was giving me issues, but now they have apparently been resolved. Some pictures to share:

a465fba2f2f4040f6542cc7ec0ed8115.jpg

New colony from Jason's auction:

c3ce04f57b4739c6003f7466c4784057.jpg

Tapatalk was giving me issues, but now they have apparently been resolved. Some pictures to share:

Noticed your MP40 dryside is upside down. You should flip it and support the cable as recommended.  BTW love the Zoa poop shot.  :laugh:

where is all your corraline? if only mine was non existent

It's coming. Already popping up on the glass. I'm with you. I try to keep it cleaned sides and front daily.

It looks great! Love the decoration

Thanks!

It's really great being able to chill out on the couch and just relax at the end of the day. 

Is there a TV in that room or just the tank?

Just the tank! I spend more time watching it than the TV in the other room.