• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And you didn't hit any electrical wires! :clap:

Yeah! Big clap!

Light looks great hanging.

Now just convincing you to remove some of the blue+ :tongue:

It's not that blue in person. Only 2 blue bulbs ATM. I still have yet to go 6 blue plus and 2 coral plus!

I'm running equal blue+ to coral+ and like it a lot.  6 blue+ with only 2 coral+ will be quite BLUE!

Glad the mounting wasn't that bad.  Those Tapcons can hold hundreds of pounds each, so that's nice piece of mind.

Since you have to replace the ballast I recommend modding the lighe to have (3) power cords to have the T-5s come on in phases. Just my .02

I'm running equal blue+ to coral+ and like it a lot. 6 blue+ with only 2 coral+ will be quite BLUE!

Glad the mounting wasn't that bad. Those Tapcons can hold hundreds of pounds each, so that's nice piece of mind.

I have 2 more coral plus bulbs I can switch out with if need be. Don't forget, I've got the reefbright also!

It's a great piece of mind, it was one of my biggest fears before mounting it up, and everything came out Millhouse. Plus it's totally unobtrusive, and has a clean look.

Since you have to replace the ballast I recommend modding the lighe to have (3) power cords to have the T-5s come on in phases. Just my .02

That's a great idea, sir, however, i think it would be jumping the gun. I need another eb8 before adding cords. Plus I have stages like so: reefbright>channel 1>channel 2

I think it will suffice for now.

Wow Isaac nice new set up! So this time you are going with ATI! I like the bare bottom. Looks nice and clean. Will be following....congrats on the new place BTW!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wow Isaac nice new set up! So this time you are going with ATI! I like the bare bottom. Looks nice and clean. Will be following....congrats on the new place BTW!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, Min. ATI for now, I really like the fixture. We will see if I like replacing the bulbs, but so far everything i want it to be!

I'm starting to like the bare bottom more and more myself... But I'd like some sand dwelling wrasse in the future. And thank you!

Looks awesome sir!

Thanks! It looks OK, I need to take some time and focus on the inside. Next big step will be getting the outside trimmed up.

I went ahead and replaced the out of order ballast, all three fans, as well as some of the corroded endcaps. So now all 8 bulbs are firing, and the fans are super quiet. The only noise I can hear on my tank is the white noise coming from the huge skimmer, which is not bad. Sometimes you can hear the MP's over the skimmer. 

Where did you get replacement parts?

I had ERC order them for me. 

How high off the water do you have it hung? Too low and you will fry the coral.

12" for now. I might need to diffuse the light a bit. Zoas love it, montis don't.

I think you need a bigger tanlk.

I've actually dream about a smaller tank.

12" for now. I might need to diffuse the light a bit. Zoas love it, montis don't

Just give everything time to setle in. Corals will adjust. Going all T5s you will see some color shifts as well.

you can always put a tupperware with sand in there (just use some marco mortar to build up a ramp so to speak so it looks like a natural sand shoal)

its hard deciding on sand or not...personally ill never do anythign but bare bottom...i painted the outside bottom of my tank white and it made a BIG difference in light and looked alot nicer if you ask me.

the only nice thing about not having the sand dwellers is you save a TON of money, not as many jumpers and you dont think you lost them when they are sleeping or hiding.

12" for now. I might need to diffuse the light a bit. Zoas love it, montis don't

Just give everything time to setle in. Corals will adjust. Going all T5s you will see some color shifts as well.

Yeah, I figured I'd force everything I to acclimation, however, I'm still using old bulbs, I can't imagine what would happen when I switch them out!

you can always put a tupperware with sand in there (just use some marco mortar to build up a ramp so to speak so it looks like a natural sand shoal)

its hard deciding on sand or not...personally ill never do anythign but bare bottom...i painted the outside bottom of my tank white and it made a BIG difference in light and looked alot nicer if you ask me.

the only nice thing about not having the sand dwellers is you save a TON of money, not as many jumpers and you dont think you lost them when they are sleeping or hiding.

Yeah, that's a good idea. I will see. The problem is I rushed the setup to clear a tub out of my living room, and ideally would led have done starboard. I'm liking being able to see all the waste, and eliminate it easy during water changes. I like the look if sand, but don't like the maintenance that comes with it.

ive got a stock tank you can borrow...drain.... dry...epoxy sand on the bottom ...should take about 20 minutes (or so you could tell the lady)

Thanks man, I appreciate it. However, I don't see it happening!

If anything, I'll add a 1" bed like I had on the 150 and call it a day. Maybe even cycle the sand separate to get it ready. I don't know, I'm all talk.

Well, finally talked the wife into a sectional too big for our space. Now if only we had like 50 extra sq ft. I'll be able to lounge around and enjoy the reef.

4991ba47761e55399a1dfb2e343c3fbc.jpg

YO, sweet shot. You'll have to explain to me the black magic you used to get that uploaded while you were right here....

Ken, you'll be pleased to hear that is a  lagunitas seasonal (brown sugar something or the other.) 

What do you think, Brad, Windex look, or nay? 

That sounds like Lagunitas Brown Shugga' .....ALC 9.99%, IBU 51.1, OG 1.1. One of my favorites.......