LED Lighting

edress714

No evergrow fixture to cover 48" long. Here are the break downs of each

fixture information:
d2040 - the replacement to the d120. it has 55 3-watt LEDs, 2 potentiometers controlling two channels. two power cords, one for each channel. it measures 16" x 8.5" x 2.5". the d2040 includes heatsinks, comes in black or white, and comes in the IT series sleek case design.

it2040 - includes an intuitive controller which has an LCD and is a touch interface. it allows intensity changes in half hour or one-hour increments and one can program a sunrise, sunset, and a moon cycle if they choose. it has 55 3-watt LEDs and measures 16" x 8.5" x 2.5". this fixture comes with one power cord for clean wire management and a remote for control at a distance of the 3 channels.

it2060 - includes an intuitive controller which has an LCD and is a touch interface. it allows intensity changes in half hour or one-hour increments and one can program a sunrise, sunset, and a moon cycle if they choose. it has 51 3-watt LEDs and measures 24" x 8" x 2.5". this fixture comes with one power cord for clean wire management and a remote for control at a distance of the 3 channels.

it2080 - includes an intuitive controller which has an LCD and is a touch interface. it allows intensity changes in half hour or one-hour increments and one can program a sunrise, sunset, and a moon cycle if they choose. it has 99 3-watt LEDs and measures 32" x 8" x 2.5". this fixture comes with one power cord for clean wire management and a remote for control at a distance of the 3 channels.

ATI sunpower or powermodule.

I went to the LED route twice and growth is slow. People are going back to MH or T5 ...

people are going back to Mh and T5 because they heard from someone else that LED didn't work. Rumors and wives tales. It was the same way when VHO's were common and T5's were taking over. I still know people who refuse to make the switch from VHO.

LED grows ALL corals just fine. Once people realize that it's more about water quality, then they'll stop fussing with the light.

people are going back to Mh and T5 because they heard from someone else that LED didn't work. Rumors and wives tales. It was the same way when VHO's were common and T5's were taking over. I still know people who refuse to make the switch from VHO.

LED grows ALL corals just fine. Once people realize that it's more about water quality, then they'll stop fussing with the light.

In my experience, after two DIY fixtures with CREE leds, I am able to keep all corals but some high end SPS frags dont grow well in my tank. I have had some frags that has stayed 1" for over years and it could be something else since I have a nano and keeping Sps there is a big challenge. I am not 100% is the leds but after making a lot of changes in my tank, I am pointing my finger there.  Soon, I will be adding a 150w metal halide in addition to my current leds and monitor growth. I will post my results. See piper's thread, he recently added T5's and growth exploted compared to when he only had leds.

I Have used LEDs since I started, almost, and my corals have grown great. My growth explosion came from starting to dose for calc and alk. Just my experience.

I also think there is a longer adjustment period.  Alot of show tanks still use MH and the corals take a while for adjustment.   I still believe its a matter of coverage and Par with the right LEDs.  Heres a video of a 800 gallon show tank that switched half their MH to LED and monitored for growth.

I saw a 48" Evergrow somewhere else too, thought it was called the 2012 or 2020, did a chick google search but didnt find anything, I have 2 sitting on a 48" tank my canopy is 18" high, I took a middle board off the top of the canopy and the lights sit on top, giving me plenty of room to work on my tank. might not be too appealing to everyone but works for me.