Winchester,va

scott3569

Hello all, I am new to this forum, and pretty new to the hobby..I have been setting up a 58 gallon tank with a 40gal br sump..right now, I have some snails, a few hermit crabs, an emerald crab, and a coral banded shrimp..I also have two oc clowns in the process of tt and then qt..I would love to be able to meet up with a few locals to my area..if your in the winchester, va area or close to it..let me know

thank you, I will post some pictures..in my Gallery?? either that or I will start a new build thread.. thank you

Well doesn't seem like I am able to post in the gallery..too new maybe huh?? 

Welcome, Scott! First step would be taking the $20 it costs to becoming a member, and doing it! You'll have access to buy/sell/trade, and you'll be able to visit our next meeting for free, Frag Fest! Imagine free frags, and awesome speakers?!

I think Pizzaguy and surf&turf are out your way, both amazing reefers!

Welcome to wamas. I live in winchester if you need amything.

ahh thats aweseome all thanks, I have been on reef central since I started in this venture, and I have done A LOT of research..don't really need anything, would just like to be able to talk to others locally, and maybe get together once in a while..I wouldn't even mind having a cook out..for all who want to come..If anyone is interested let me know..I will look into photo buck so you guys can see my start to now.. I will post in a couple of days.

(edited)

Welcome to WAMAS!

Some advice on hermit crabs: Make sure to get twice as many snails as you want, because the hermit crabs will kill them when they need new shells (or just because they can). Hermit crabs will take advantage of the fact that some snails (especially astrea) have serious trouble righting themselves when they topple over, so if you see any turned over snails, you may want to help them get back upright. You might be able to lessen the number of dead snails by providing the crabs with a bunch of empty shells of various sizes (they especially like cerith snail shells, while usually not using astrea shells, although the astreas tend to get killed more often because they have so much difficulty when they fall over). 

Edited by treesprite

yeah thank you that video is actually about two weeks old, I did get extra shells when I got snails..thank you for the advice though

don't really need anything, would just like to be able to talk to others locally, 

Careful talking to this bunch, you will find you do need stuff, lots of shiny new corals.

Welcome to WAMAS, when is the cookout!

Again thank you all, 

Careful talking to this bunch, you will find you do need stuff, lots of shiny new corals.

Welcome to WAMAS, when is the cookout!

Well, If there is enough interest, I will set a date..maybe July 4th, they have a pretty good thing going on here, live band and all..maybe I will post a new thread for the cook out...:)

Welcome to the club, I live in Mt. Falls just west of Winchester.