local guy wins May tank of the Month on RC

scott711

Is he on WAMAS? Beautiful tank, I like his thoughts on the hobby

Is he on WAMAS? Beautiful tank, I like his thoughts on the hobby

i don't think so.  He mentioned a wamas member in the article.

i don't think so.  He mentioned a wamas member in the article.

Saw that, very cool, I guess I'll have to search through RC to find out more info!

Saw his tank in person last year and it's really amazing. He has been in the hobby for a while so most of his sps colonies are really nice, oh and that Goni is really that red.

Nick (screen name Stonecold) used to be a member here but dropped a few years back due to some disagreement (I can't remember what to tell the truth). He always had beautiful stuff. I'm not surprised that he still does.

I have two frags from him. His tank is a work of art. His red Goni is amazing.

+1 - that red goniopora is incredible.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

We should invite him back. The red gonioporas are the hardy kind. That thing is awesome. My goni has trouble in the high flow SPS tank so I moved it to frag tank does much better in lower flow.

I used to buy nice SPS from him a few years ago.

He dropped off because of a local tank manufacturer made a shoddy tank for him and WAMAS community took the manufacturers side.

Sweet looking tank! I wonder who the local person is that gave him all that great advice, sounds like a knowledgeable individual.

He dropped off because of a local tank manufacturer made a shoddy tank for him and WAMAS community took the manufacturers side.

He used to buy stuff from me, a great person to deal with. I don't know all the details of why he left but that is the same story he told me. I agree with gmerek2, it would be nice to have him back as part of the community.

Nick is  great guy. We used to live in the same neighborhood and became very good friends. His TOTM on RC is well deserved

Sweet looking tank! I wonder who the local person is that gave him all that great advice, sounds like a knowledgeable individual.

marinap

it would be nice to have him back as part of the community.

I agree

Nick is  great guy. We used to live in the same neighborhood and became very good friends. His TOTM on RC is well deserved

Do you still talk to him? Maybe you could extend an invitation? It's nice to have such experienced hobbyists around the area.

Once I mentioned wamas to him he seemed to not want to have any further conversation with me, even told me his corals didn't look like the pics. I guess so I wouldn't ask to come over to see? I dunno. Nice tank though. I am amazed at how he keeps such colors with higher phosphates. Especially the use of gfo I would find hard to keep it at a stable number.