Two tanks, One room

YHSublime

Wait, what direction are you taking your tank?  did you switch to an anemone tank?  I'm confused (haven't been following as closely as others it seems)

that is the tank he had the mantis in that died...he moved his rbta into it...its 20 gallons

Hey Roni! Long time no see, you going to make the next meet?!

So Jenn nailed half of it. I plumbed in a 20 gallon mantis tank next to my 150, which is also undergoing some major changes. I'll update on that once I get everything together and have it the way I want it. I expect by Sunday I will have some big announcements. In the meantime, my mantis, Rupert, died, so I have been trying to figure out what to do with that side tank. I have put in a huge RBTA and 2 clowns that hate said RBTA, so there is that to update on while we all wait.

The rest of my thread has turned into banter and confusion, which usually ensues when I am involved.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, now it makes sense.  Don't think I'll be able to hit the meeting.  Our 2nd daughter is due a few days before so I think I'll be on burping, feeding, and diaper changing duty for the foreseeable future.

Sorry to hear about your mantis.  

Ah, now it makes sense.  Don't think I'll be able to hit the meeting.  Our 2nd daughter is due a few days before so I think I'll be on burping, feeding, and diaper changing duty for the foreseeable future.

Sorry to hear about your mantis.  

Glad to clear it up, it probably helped for a lot of people lurking about as well!

Congratulations on your second daughter, you must be extremely excited! That takes precedence over any get together for sure. Maybe we can catch you at the next, next meet!

So I've been talking about changes and new directions, and some of you have been wondering why my reef looks broken.

Well, the reason was THIS:

DSC_0051_zpsef91c333.jpg

Radion G3 Pros!

IMG_1318_zpse25d111d.jpg

IMG_1320_zpsac297755.jpg

IMG_1330_zps5eac486e.jpg

IMG_1326_zps4d779b32.jpg

I have also decided to go SPS and Zoa/Paly dominated, so I'm slowly phasing out my LPS and softies.

And some videos. Here is the "Storm Mode:

Here is a demo of the G3 Pros:

And here is a tour of the tank under new lights:

Looking good! I was wondering when you were going to get those suckers mounted. You put the wide angle TIRs on yet?

Looking good! I was wondering when you were going to get those suckers mounted. You put the wide angle TIRs on yet?

Soon! So far so good, will see if I need them, might just get one more g3 instead.

fancy schmancy. can you explain to me in detail what rail kit(s) you used, or hanging kit, what spacing you currently have between fixtures, and how you have them mounted? thanks!

fancy schmancy. can you explain to me in detail what rail kit(s) you used, or hanging kit, what spacing you currently have between fixtures, and how you have them mounted? thanks!

Yes, I will be an echo tech wizard, let me get my wand. And also it will have to wait till this afternoon, meetings all morning.

I would get a third. I have three over my tank and wish I had five....

Thanks, Laura. I'm banking on a 3rd, just saving up. Maybe I'll have to have some more sales :)

The G3 Pros also are said to cover a 30"x 30" area, but I digress, would still like one more. I might try the wide angle lenses in the interim.

Very, very interesting........

I like the light show, atleast you can have a disco party in there...good alternative use...

Edited by smallreef

Bam! You're in the big time, Isaac. Very nice.

I like the light show, atleast you can have a disco party in there...good alternative use...

Alternative use? The only living creatures that will notice those settings are the humans, not anything inside the tank....lol!

That's what I mean,,, he can rent out his living room as a disco! Especially for the cost of those,lol, it's good to use them for a little bit of entrepreneurial fund making....

Edited by smallreef

That's what I mean,,, he can rent out his living room as a disco! Especially for the cost of those,lol, it's good to use them for a little bit of entrepreneurial fund making....

Lol! Have you seen his living room? It's just tank, all tank, all the time.  The extra 5 square feet is just viewing room. haha.

(Teasing you Isaac...) :)

Haha, the first time I did it I was wondering what was going on! It's really just a demo mode that radion provides through echo tech live. The color is more crisp and natural though, all those colors used together obviously can do some amazing things.

Bam! You're in the big time, Isaac. Very nice.

Alternative use? The only living creatures that will notice those settings are the humans, not anything inside the tank....lol!

Thanks! Honestly, my fish just seem excited that I've stopped rotating a light back and forth for the past week, and are now getting back into the swing of a usual routine. The tank looks super clean from the short lights out, all the red slime, all the algae, GONE! Will see how long it takes to come back. I am rocking a new photo period now, which is also super easy to program, I'm on acclimation mode as well, so everything is running at 50% and slowly ramping up over the next 7 weeks.

Lol! Have you seen his living room? It's just tank, all tank, all the time.  The extra 5 square feet is just viewing room. haha.

I was hoping we could get rid of the dining room table, but there has to be some give or take with keeping the Mrs. happy.

Those Radions look great Isaac, and so does the tank. 

Thanks, sir! I'm very pleased thus far. I also have some big tank updates coming down the road as well, I've turned my flow up all the way, and my SPS is loving me right now!

whose dogs are those? I thought you only had the one jack russel?

I can't wait to see you add more rock in to put in your SPS...wahoo....  lol

oh and btw the workers doing my backyard cut the comcast tv wire last night...I don't know how you live like this without tv....I feel like im being punished...watching online is just not the same....

whose dogs are those? I thought you only had the one jack russel?

The JR we had we found a great forever home for! This is my buddy, Senator. He's my old neighbors dog, and I watch him whenever they have to go out of town. We've known each other for the better part of a decade. He's pretty much the greatest dog of all time, and my adventure pal. He's getting old now, and his back hips aren't as strong as they used to be, so I try to keep him slow paced, even though his heart is still young.

IMG_1315_zps58b373bc.jpg

I can't wait to see you add more rock in to put in your SPS...wahoo....  lol

We will see....

oh and btw the workers doing my backyard cut the comcast tv wire last night...I don't know how you live like this without tv....I feel like im being punished...watching online is just not the same....

Oh, how exciting for you! Take my internet away, and that's a different story...

So we don't have cable (at all) but we do have Netflix, as well as Amazon Prime, so there is never a shortage of anything to watch.

sweet pup...sad about the JR though...

yep I have all that and even have comcast online...but there is something about having it on a computer and not tv thats got me really discombobulated...like im tied to it instead of walking around the house multi tasking lol...you cray cray...get cable back lol 

so in all seriousness how are you going to do placement of more sps with your current scape?

so in all seriousness how are you going to do placement of more sps with your current scape?

Well, I think it will involve letting some pieces grow out, deciding which ones I like, and then adding more rock if I want to keep everything. For now though, I have space and time on my side.

i forbid anymore frag racks in that tank.....sigh

Don't worry. I'm home early today. I've got some epoxy tubes and about 10 packs of superglue on hand, I'll be moving everything off racks and onto rock. I plan on starting to clear up the 20 gallon, and moving some zoas in there. Also need some more flow, so I'll be looking for a WP-10 I think. Also a water change, and some more water, and getting my apex clutter tidied up an putting some dosing containers under the stand. Now that I type it out, I've got a lot planned...