Wanted to introduce myself to the forum since I'm a new member and a new reefer. I guess I will tell you how I started and how far I have come. About 2 years ago I had a pretty successful and not so challenging planted freshwater tank and I began watching TV shows about saltwater fish tanks. I quickly realized the fish only tanks they were building were awesome but not as great as they could be. So I began researching reef tanks and all that was involved. I had a ok understanding but have now realized its way more in depth than I originally thought. Anyways I bought my tank from craigslist its a 40 gallon breeder and the person who sold it to me gave me live sand, dry rock, a coralife 125 skimmer, heater, lights, and power heads all for 200 bucks. I then was able to find a spectrapure RO/DI system and went from there. I quickly learned that a sump would be a good idea and was able to get the one from the guy I bought the tank from. Only issue was my skimmer didn't fit under the stand, so I built my own. I now have a CPR over flow going in to schedule 40 pipe to my sump below that holds my heater, skimmer, chaetoe algae, pump for my recently purchased GFO/Carbon reactor, and my return pump. I am definitely now where near where I want to be with my tank now but it is a learning process and trust me I have learned the hard way on a few things. As far as live stock goes I have a few small ZOAs a few Kenya trees, and a green star polyp. I also have a beautiful but mean purple pseudochromis and two fire fish along with a dozen snails and a emerald green crab.

Anyways I look forward to talking with you all in the future and gaining knowledge and advice from you.

Welcome! We're glad to have you here. Thanks for the great introduction, too.

Sent from my LG G-Pad 8.3 Google Play Edition

Thanks. I'm in southern Frederick county Md. As far as pictures go as soon I as figure out how to get them on here I will do it. (I am a bit of a dumb redneck)

We love pictures! I'm sure you'll find it comfortable around here, sounds like you've got a lot of the starting parts down!

You should also consider becoming a member, at only $20 a year, you have access to ALL our forums, as well as the buy/sell/trade forum, and the group buys, etc.

Look forward to seeing some shots of your setup!

Join our club and you'll have access to the members only forums, including but not limited to for sale/want to buy, auctions forums plus entrance into our meetings (next one is April 5th!!)

Welcome aboard...you are right down the road from exotic reef creations....home of some of the most amazing lps anywhere. Richard is the owner and he is a fantastic resource for you....

Join our club and you'll have access to the members only forums, including but not limited to for sale/want to buy, auctions forums plus entrance into our meetings (next one is April 5th!!)

Welcome aboard...you are right down the road from exotic reef creations....home of some of the most amazing lps anywhere. Richard is the owner and he is a fantastic resource for you....

Yikes, I'd have to be careful being that close to Richard. Didn't even think about that.

Welcome to the forum

The only photo I can get on here is my profile pic. I can't figure out how to post them in this thread. Glad there is fellow rednecks on here!!

Easiest way to post to the forum is to go to a site like Photobucket.com, Imgur.com, or one of the many photo hosting sites. Upload your photo there. Once done you will have  bunch of options when you click on the picture, copy the BBCode (Message boards and Forums) [.IMG]Imarealohoto[./IMG]

Then post the BBCode it gives you directly into the post you are making and it will post the picture you uploaded to your post.

It sounds roundabout, but it is really easy and quick once you know how.

Happy reefing.