Motti's 265 inwall Display + Fishroom build

motti

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They don't deal with those jebao pumps, they said the waveline I-ring doesn't fit.

I've decided to go ahead and place the pump in the mixing tank, I think I'll be sleeping better at night knowing that it won't leak.

However had to get some extra plumbing parts te to make It work

y2ebaras.jpg

The livestock move was a success, didn't lose any thing. Here is the frag tank being used as holding tank until I get the other tank set.

e2eqe6y7.jpg

Also got around 30lb of pukani dry rock and direct ocean live sand (regular) for the refugium. Once I get the return pump from the jebao group buy I'll be able to fill it up with water

4ytevava.jpg

Edited by motti

Looking good. Looks like you've got a lot of nice frags/mini colonies ready to go already!

Fill the tank with water and circulate with power heads .

Yep most likely, started mixing 50 gallons of saltwater tonight.

Construction is officially done today. Set up the power center and the trim for the aquarium. Going to start working on the controller.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Really looks amazing! Great work can't wait to see it goong

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love it! Awesome work...

Thanks :) hoping to place the rock order in the next couple of weeks.

It looks really good! I'd love to see a picture from the front. I wasn't a big fan of the top doors at first, but it looks like they came out really nicely.

Really like how that all came together. Looking forward to watching this get filled!

Looking great Motti!  Glad to see that you put as much pride in the continuation of the build as we did in the acrylics end of it =).  I'm still excited to see how your own controller system comes together on this one!  But most of all....the aquascape and seeing coral and fishy swimming around in that ArtFully Acrylic Beauty =P

(edited)
It's amazing watch these things come together. I remember putting panels on it at the store and now it's ready to get filled up. You could leave it empty and it still look impressive ;).

Looking great Motti! Glad to see that you put as much pride in the continuation of the build as we did in the acrylics end of it =). I'm still excited to see how your own controller system comes together on this one! But most of all....the aquascape and seeing coral and fishy swimming around in that ArtFully Acrylic Beauty =P
Thank you both, I am grad to be done with the construction. Really took longer and more expensive than what I planned for. But I think it came out really nice.As for the controller, l've set up a server to run the aquarium. And currently doing some tests to make sure it run smoothly. Set up a basic page that currently just show the camera for the room. Going to add password protection and have a guest panel and an admin panel.Http://fish.mottihoresh.name/index.html

Wow, looks great. That frag tank looks like it's going to burst.
Thanks, it's being used as holding tank at the moment, once I get the rock and sand and finish cycling the main tank everything will go in there after a dip. Edited by motti

• 3 weeks later...

T Dry rock arrived while I was in San Diego just unpacked the boxes and it looks good. I really wish bRS would put less packing peanuts. It's a mess cleaning those up...

Here some pictures

Posted Image

Posted Image

Seems like theASM G5 skimmer won't work for me, i am not sure how to adjust it, and it's a little too noisy. anyone have experience with those skimmers? i tried running it just now, and it would keep on overflowing even when i lower the water return all the way down.

Are you running it in older saltwater?(it really doesn't like new saltwater or fresh) And if its similar to my 2x then the only real control is the standpipe...up or down...

Are you running it in older saltwater?(it really doesn't like new saltwater or fresh) And if its similar to my 2x then the only real control is the standpipe...up or down...

I think it was the fresh salt water, I was really panicking yesterday  :wacko: , not it seems to be working good, added a 1.5" pvc tee and some extra piping to silence the thing, the water noise was unbearable. I will most likely order another gate valve, and make mod it to have a gate valve, makes much more sense.

I think it was the fresh salt water, I was really panicking yesterday  :wacko: , not it seems to be working good, added a 1.5" pvc tee and some extra piping to silence the thing, the water noise was unbearable. I will most likely order another gate valve, and make mod it to have a gate valve, makes much more sense.

Like Kim mentioned, NSW doesn't seem to have quite the affect on skimmers as some of that older stuff. BTW, is the skimmer new, are you breaking it in? It took me about 7 days to break in my Avast.

I also am a huge fan of the gave valves, adjusting up and down seems like it can get knocked about easily, and is IMO really hard to keep constant (especially if you're always rooting through your sump, like I am.)

Like Kim mentioned, NSW doesn't seem to have quite the affect on skimmers as some of that older stuff. BTW, is the skimmer new, are you breaking it in? It took me about 7 days to break in my Avast.

I also am a huge fan of the gave valves, adjusting up and down seems like it can get knocked about easily, and is IMO really hard to keep constant (especially if you're always rooting through your sump, like I am.)

I got it used from someone on reef central a year ago. Maybe it needed some time to break in too.

Anyhow glad it's working and I don't have to get another one :) now I can peacefully work on the aquascaping :)

Just came across this build. Fan-tas-tic! Please let me know if you ever need anything as I am in the area. Always happy to come by and oo and ahhh at your build!