Motti's 265 inwall Display + Fishroom build

motti

Finally installing the lights !!! Hopefully will be done within the next hour or so. One of the pucks I got seems to be bad since the violet doesn't turn on

2unebe3a.jpg

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice work. Wish I was intelligent enough to build my own lights.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow...love it!

Looking good! How long until you start moving things over?

Looks amazing! Cant wait to watch this one progress!

Thanks!

Looking good! How long until you start moving things over?

Probably few weeks, I got some frags 2 weeks ago, the montipora and caps already started to encrust on the plugs. Once I see that they are doing as well as I want them to I'll move them over.

I also came up with a list of possible fish, talked to Marcos about it, will most likely wait until after September with the sensitive fish and probably start bringing hardy ones in several weeks.

My possible fish list:

https://db.tt/YpfCd39z

Nice list, can't wait to see them all in there!

Yea me too. I also got bunch of stuff from the erc live sale yesterday. Totally forgot about that. Going to pick them up on Saturday

Sweet. Love the lights and look of Aquascape. As far as lighting would you say you have the 20K lok ?

Very nice

Rave at Motti's!!

Lighting options look endless, and I am sure they are controlled wirelessly.

Sweet. Love the lights and look of Aquascape. As far as lighting would you say you have the 20K lok ?

It's kind of hard to tell, last time I had 20MH bulb it was really blue. This fixture has the same kind of control has the radions ones. So you can control each channel individually.

I would love to check other people settings for their radions to copy some of the presets. Right now I had all channels at 100% with total brightness of about 30%. I think that having so many fixtures over the tank provide great light cover and even with somewhat low brightness level everything is really bright.

Rave at Motti's!!

Lighting options look endless, and I am sure they are controlled wirelessly.

Yep, that's right got it hooked up to my controller. Which is coming along slowly. Last weekend I was working on getting the temperature sensors code in it.

• 3 weeks later...

Update time... Nothing new in the past few weeks. I finished acclimating few corals and moved 3 of them to the display tank.

I still need to fine tune the powerheads so they don't make the front of the tank bare bottom

yqe4y7eq.jpg

aju3e4yp.jpg

5e8a3yra.jpg

Apparently I got some kind of clam in that live rock. Not sure what type but I guess it's filter feeding

na8y9ary.jpg

Lookin good!

Thanks!

I am finally done with my frag rack. Spent the morning moving the rest of the live rock from the frag tank into the refugium and sump. Now I have place for new frags.

y6yberu3.jpg

I've also finally attempted to frag my branching hammer. So far so good. All the heads seems to open alright. I did lose one because I snapped it too close and it cracked

age4u9yz.jpg

jybe6eny.jpg

I've also finished painting the sides back and bottom of the qt tank. Just need to order a small heater for that tank and I'll be ready to go.

I found out that my diy temp sensors started to rust... I guess stainless steel is not absolutely rust resistant. Ended up covering the probes with plastic dip. Will let it cure for a week or so before I put it back in tank

saha3u3a.jpg

Video update

Your first video of your tank with some life in it!

I know you won't care if I give you a few pointers:

Plan which corals you want to video, then move slowly in one direction. Zoom in or out slowly on your subject, then stay on the subject for at least 5 sec. If you have a tripod even better!

Your first video of your tank with some life in it!

I know you won't care if I give you a few pointers:

Plan which corals you want to video, then move slowly in one direction. Zoom in or out slowly on your subject, then stay on the subject for at least 5 sec. If you have a tripod even better!

Thanks for the pointers man!, just winged it... with my messed up iphone 5 (touch screen only works sometimes). I am going to take a video every two weeks moving forward, will try to make it less shaky next time.

Thanks for the pointers man!, just winged it... with my messed up iphone 5 (touch screen only works sometimes). I am going to take a video every two weeks moving forward, will try to make it less shaky next time.

Just a tip, great idea about taking videos ever couple weeks, I was thinking just the same thought when I get mine set up.

• 4 weeks later...

Got my self a new camera last week, Cannon T5i, and been playing around with it for a while, I've also picked up some Sigma budget macro/tele lenses... still need to learn how to take good pictures. here are few pictures from (the came ok) from the display tank.

14705393579_9376b5d079_h.jpg

14705491798_69019c518c_z_d.jpg

14891745772_2f7e3325e5_z_d.jpg