Orion's Deep Blue 57 Gallon Rimless

Orion

How bout some updates! 

Lots of changes happening at the Orion residence lately.  I'll try to take some pictures in a few days.  Tank is doing really well!

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of changes happening at the Orion residence lately.  I'll try to take some pictures in a few days.  Tank is doing really well!

Awesome, glad to hear it!! 

• 1 month later...

Absolutely stunning, but no surprise! It looks great, sir!

:wub:  :wub:  :wub:

I believed I saw a purple bonsai and a tri-color. ??

I missed mine, loss both prior to the move.

That you did. The bonsai has really taken off now, and still maintains a very deep purple base. My favorite.

• 5 months later...

Wow.  It has been almost two years to the date when I first started this build.  It really has come a long way since then, and I have learned a lot. Unfortunately this weekend I will be starting the process of taking it down in anticipation of moving to a new home early next year.  

Bigger home = Bigger tank right??  At least that's what the boss has told me! :)

Bigger home = Bigger tank right??  At least that's what the boss has told me! :)

Woo! 

How bout an updated pic before you tear it down? ;)

Wow.  It has been almost two years to the date when I first started this build.  It really has come a long way since then, and I have learned a lot. Unfortunately this weekend I will be starting the process of taking it down in anticipation of moving to a new home early next year.  

Shame to see this taken down, but I get it! This has been one of my favorite tanks on WAMAS!

• 4 years later...

Resurrecting this thread as I have restarted this build. Stand is built. A few things need to be done still but it’s just about ready for a tank. 

Most of my supplies come in later next week. I kept all my old equipment so this shouldn’t be too painful on the wallet. 

96C5BEF8-29E4-4D40-AA66-CE685A66DB50.jpeg

ECFA788A-910A-442E-BFFE-EFFB66D079F7.jpeg

Tank is in. Still need to work on the drywall.. paint and trim. Then need to figure out plumbing... ATO, mixing, etc. 

A8BE9723-A6B1-43A0-96D9-14B7B56B35BA.jpeg

Tank is wet, rock and sand are in, and a fish-less cycle has begun over the weekend.

Now working on setting up the apex and getting the wires sorted out (not fun). 

60A630D1-A0C1-43C9-92AF-8DF4022C2128.jpeg

Tank is wet, rock and sand are in, and a fish-less cycle has begun over the weekend.

Now working on setting up the apex and getting the wires sorted out (not fun). 

60A630D1-A0C1-43C9-92AF-8DF4022C2128.thumb.jpeg.704aec7072d8fc3b8ff58718fa432546.jpeg

Again, I thank you for helping me program my Apex almost 8 years ago !!!!

6 hours ago, dmatt56 said:

Again, I thank you for helping me program my Apex almost 8 years ago !!!!

I’m having to relearn everything again. Glad to see yours is still up and running!

Full tank shot. Holding off on putting the trim up in case an issue develops in the near future. We are really happy with the way this turned out. 

Both ammonia and NO3 are present in the tank. I placed a frozen shrimp under the sand bed for ammonia and used Dr. Tim’s for the nitrifying bacteria. 

The Avast CS1 skimmer is overflowing like crazy with the gate valve wide open. I even swapped the recirculating pump from a MJ1200 to a MJ600. I’m thinking it’s because of all the epoxy I used on the rock work.

84DD2DF9-597A-423B-953E-6E36A0CA98DA.jpeg

Love it. You went from "I'm thinking about getting back in" to "it's happening, here's my 3 year old reef tank!" lol. What tank is that, is it the 57?

On 5/6/2020 at 11:26 AM, YHSublime said:

Love it. You went from "I'm thinking about getting back in" to "it's happening, here's my 3 year old reef tank!" lol. What tank is that, is it the 57?

When you are quarantined at home things can move rather quickly! Yes it’s the 57. Also helps to have all the original equipment on hand ? (except for lights).

Trim is complete around the tank, and lights have been hung. This turned out really well. 
Went with a aquatic life t5 and 2 radion xr15s for lights. 

9543B2C9-43C3-4A25-AE9B-F9CE55D12869.jpeg