Brad's 18" Rimless Cube | Powered by Nanobox

brad908

couldn't think of a #5?

that totally sucks. Can you hold them responsible for losses?  I could fight it!

Nothing will die, just some zoa's, acan's, and a yellow hammer. My wife is going to the hub now to pick them up. Just tired of these lame excuses comapnies come up with.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good woman indeed. I would still pitch a fit, sounds like a bunch of clowns on the west coast ;)

Good woman indeed. I would still pitch a fit, sounds like a bunch of clowns on the west coast ;)

good woman...

She knows who's boss.

ERC send it to you? oh wait i think he uses fed ex...

Salt critters. ERC will be next week after the live sale :)

She knows who's boss.

Salt critters. ERC will be next week after the live sale :)

last time I checked those plants hanging up were fakes....I agree..she DOES know who is boss

and that will teach you to buy from anyone but our sponsors

(edited)

last time I checked those plants hanging up were fakes....I agree..she DOES know who is boss

and that will teach you to buy from anyone but our sponsors

Can't beat $5 zoa frags, $10 acans, and $25 yellow hammers :)

I need a fish supplier, the LFS out here suck for fish and inverts. I don't think I've ever bought fish online.

Edited by brad908

I kinda want to rip apart this thank and go bare bottom, have gsp eventually cover the bottom to make it look like grass. Then make a tree like structure and put euphyllia on it.

Planted tank style, but saltwater.

I kinda want to rip apart this thank and go bare bottom, have gsp eventually cover the bottom to make it look like grass. Then make a tree like structure and put euphyllia on it.

Planted tank style, but saltwater.

You'd have to "cut the grass" all the time to keep it from growing all over your rock.

(edited)

You'd have to "cut the grass" all the time to keep it from growing all over your rock.

Yup. Same as the planted tank. Cut it so it spreads rather than growing vertical.

Edited by brad908

Nothing will die, just some zoa's, acan's, and a yellow hammer. My wife is going to the hub now to pick them up. Just tired of these lame excuses comapnies come up with.

LOL. I've had my battle with shipping companies. It's amazing what the drivers will report when they're too lazy / incompetent to make a delivery.

Once we a new UPS driver. He decided to leave a package up by our mailbox six hundred feet from the house and off a a public dirt road. I called and complained. The driver reported that our he couldn't get to our house. The driveway is paved and was clear. Now, our address is "noted" in their system and the UPS driver is required to drop the packages off at our door.

LaserShip is the worst, though, for me. Amazon contracts with them locally to distribute goods from their local warehouses. Several times, they've said that they can't find my house. One time, they said that there was no house there. It turned out that they looked at a satellite shot of my address and found that the marker was placed not on top of my house, but in the middle of my back yard. Living on 10 acres, the marker was a few hundred feet from the house and they just missed the fact that there was a house on the property. Another time, the driver was confused that my mailbox was on the opposite side of the road from my driveway. Hello? I live off of a rural road! All of the mailboxes are on one side of the road because the mail truck runs only one way down the road! "Oh, we couldn't identify which house was yours because there's no number on your house." I'm the only house on my driveway and I'm surrounded by huge properties. You'd have to hike about a half-mile to get to my neighbors. I now have an arrow on my mailbox post pointing down my driveway just for the LaserShip drivers. I've not yet resorted to putting a house number on the home for them. Anyway, they get my nomination for a Darwin Award.

LOL. I've had my battle with shipping companies. It's amazing what the drivers will report when they're too lazy / incompetent to make a delivery.

Once we a new UPS driver. He decided to leave a package up by our mailbox six hundred feet from the house and off a a public dirt road. I called and complained. The driver reported that our he couldn't get to our house. The driveway is paved and was clear. Now, our address is "noted" in their system and the UPS driver is required to drop the packages off at our door.

LaserShip is the worst, though, for me. Amazon contracts with them locally to distribute goods from their local warehouses. Several times, they've said that they can't find my house. One time, they said that there was no house there. It turned out that they looked at a satellite shot of my address and found that the marker was placed not on top of my house, but in the middle of my back yard. Living on 10 acres, the marker was a few hundred feet from the house and they just missed the fact that there was a house on the property. Another time, the driver was confused that my mailbox was on the opposite side of the road from my driveway. Hello? I live off of a rural road! All of the mailboxes are on one side of the road because the mail truck runs only one way down the road! "Oh, we couldn't identify which house was yours because there's no number on your house." I'm the only house on my driveway and I'm surrounded by huge properties. You'd have to hike about a half-mile to get to my neighbors. I now have an arrow on my mailbox post pointing down my driveway just for the LaserShip drivers. I've not yet resorted to putting a house number on the home for them. Anyway, they get my nomination for a Darwin Award.

ok just for reference, if I can find Tom's house with no problem that lets you know how dumb these drivers are haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Ugh shipping companies. Let's hope my ERC live sale doesn't get messed up

Finally, a blue hammer! Been wanting one since the last live sale

1AA12EFE-A866-4500-981F-F3BA04D3DA2A_zps

Scoly

A9BC05DA-DA14-48DD-86A8-C7D5F6CA9C9C_zps

Acan...starting a nice little garden

A7F6B9C5-F53C-4C58-9529-2BE03514ED00_zps

Tank is basically done.

Hey, you running the nanobox light over your planted tank with a Storm X? I don't know if your Storm X has the FTDI headers on it for programming (mine just came with holes and I had to add the pins myself), but I've been working on modifying the firmware on it to dedicate one port out of the 16 to CO2. Rather than having it output PWM for running LEDs it would just pop high briefly to let out a bubble from a solenoid hooked to a CO2 regulator. You could ramp up bubble production with the light levels as if it was another channel of lights using the same interface.

(edited)

Hey, you running the nanobox light over your planted tank with a Storm X? I don't know if your Storm X has the FTDI headers on it for programming (mine just came with holes and I had to add the pins myself), but I've been working on modifying the firmware on it to dedicate one port out of the 16 to CO2. Rather than having it output PWM for running LEDs it would just pop high briefly to let out a bubble from a solenoid hooked to a CO2 regulator. You could ramp up bubble production with the light levels as if it was another channel of lights using the same interface.

Yes, storm x. I don't really know all the technical aspects of these controllers, but being able to control bubble production based on light intensity would be amazing.

Edited by brad908

Yeah, but what about the reef?

it died.

Gluing a bunch of zoa's this weekend and will take pics. Not sure when my ERC stuff will come, told Richard to ship it whenever he has time.

I need fish, just have a single large chromis. What should I get?

Lol. We were at a market on Sunday and saw all these sweet terrariums, so decided to go with them.

Reef tank : ordering 3 fish and 3 sexy shrimp from a member :)