Brad's 18" Rimless Cube | Powered by Nanobox

brad908

Pics are great!  Love both tanks.

House of Cards.....just finished season 2, great series.

Thanks! Definitely one of the best shows out. I may have watched the entire second season in one day...

FU Your dog looks crazy. But your new place is looking more like home. Let's see those clams!

Haha thanks. If you look closely at the tank picture, right rock, you can see 3 tiny clams.

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love it!

And you know they make chew toys for dogs right? You don't have to give up your sperrys,lol

Lol, for some reason both our dogs while puppies went after the same pair of my wife's sperry's.

Very nice

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Thanks, VooDoo.

Sorry to be preoccupied with your wall. How did you keep your different colored stains from running onto other boards when you were staining them up on the wall like that?  

Also planted tank is looking fan tactic and that light is sick!!

Sorry to be preoccupied with your wall. How did you keep your different colored stains from running onto other boards when you were staining them up on the wall like that?  

Also planted tank is looking fan tactic and that light is sick!!

I didn't, I mixed all the stains together. Just dipping the brush into different cans and putting it on the boards.

Thanks, Dave at NanoBox does a great job on his lights.

(edited)

Flooding this puppy at the end of April

FE277006-1478-41B7-91A4-F81E4F464071_zps

Weeee

BA0DB9CA-2A55-4F61-9325-C2A1A75083B4_zps

Saltcritters had a 75% sale last night. Got a few zoa and acan frags and a yellow hammer.

Edited by brad908

....what is going on with that picture? Is that a Facebook thing?

....what is going on with that picture? Is that a Facebook thing?

Yea. Instragram set up a sideways/upside down room.

Is there a short cut, I mean Zeo products, for planted tanks? :tongue:

There are a lot of different additives, but I haven't researched much into them yet. I hear ADA has a good lineup of dosing bottles.

There are a lot of different additives, but I haven't researched much into them yet. I hear ADA has a good lineup of dosing bottles.

They do, and living in an area that sells them is a plus, but very expensive, (kinda like Z products).    If your going to try the EI Dosing Regime, or PPS, dry ferts from GLA is a much cheaper way to go.  

Planted tank looks great Brad.  

Edited by londonloco

Brad..I hereby challenge you to do this one todos naturales. You've done the shortcut, time for a new challenge. :)

Side note..have you had the opportunity to explore all of the culinary and wine greatness you are surrounded by?

(edited)

Brad..I hereby challenge you to do this one todos naturales. You've done the shortcut, time for a new challenge. :)

Side note..have you had the opportunity to explore all of the culinary and wine greatness you are surrounded by?

Lol, you have to add fertilizers for the plants. My current reef tank is all natural, no additives and barely any chemical filtration (just a small bag of chemipure elite). Even my previous ADA 17 gallon wans't a great execution of ZEO, and the 48 gallon never got a chance to really get started.

We have gone to Napa a few times. I honestly like the atmosphere/scenery of Charlottesville so much better. I am not much of a "foodie" though, but my wife is.

Edited by brad908

Haha..okay..I was kind of joking. Of course, I have no idea what I am talking about. I was just responding in my own weird way to your push of Zeo on Isaacs thread.

Try Sonoma. Wife and I liked that much better than Napa...More relaxed and you can tell by the atmosphere of the wineries and restaurants.

Haha..okay..I was kind of joking. Of course, I have no idea what I am talking about. I was just responding in my own weird way to your push of Zeo on Isaacs thread.

Try Sonoma. Wife and I liked that much better than Napa...More relaxed and you can tell by the atmosphere of the wineries and restaurants.

Isaac will try ZEO. Just watch.

Yea, Sonoma is the next day trip. We have done pretty much every reasonable day/1night trip. Napa, Tahoe, Half Moon Bay (thinking about buying a house there), Monterey, Carmel, Muir Woods, etc. Next long weeekend will be a drive down 1 to LA. Also have to get to Yosemite (about 3.5 hours) away.

Yea, Sonoma is the next day trip. We have done pretty much every reasonable day/1night trip. Napa, Tahoe, Half Moon Bay (thinking about buying a house there), Monterey, Carmel, Muir Woods, etc. Next long weeekend will be a drive down 1 to LA. Also have to get to Yosemite (about 3.5 hours) away.

I agree. Isaac JUST CANNOT RESIST. He couldn't resist those Radions.

Make sure you drive to where the Russian River meets the Pacific. Just amazing..like most things up and down 1.

ahhhhh life without kids.....I remember it well...

(edited)

I agree. Isaac JUST CANNOT RESIST. He couldn't resist those Radions.

Make sure you drive to where the Russian River meets the Pacific. Just amazing..like most things up and down 1.

WIll have to look that up, thanks.

ahhhhh life without kids....

8beab1c43d7c594710d85105fde9d26612821c99

Edited by brad908

your push of Zeo on Isaacs thread.

Ok, 1. You guys suck 2. I can promise you I won't use zeo on my 150.

So you're doing emersed growth startup method for the foreground stuff? I'm looking at getting an 18 inch cube with an 8k spectrum Razor Nano on top to try a reboot of my high tech planted tank after giving a good start at emersed growth for substrate plants.

Lots of folks have like a white fibrous mold problem with emersed starts. Are you getting any of that? It doesn't look like it. Looks like the hemianthus is growing great. You use root tabs or ADA sand or anything under the substrate?

(edited)

So you're doing emersed growth startup method for the foreground stuff? I'm looking at getting an 18 inch cube with an 8k spectrum Razor Nano on top to try a reboot of my high tech planted tank after giving a good start at emersed growth for substrate plants.

Lots of folks have like a white fibrous mold problem with emersed starts. Are you getting any of that? It doesn't look like it. Looks like the hemianthus is growing great. You use root tabs or ADA sand or anything under the substrate?

I haven't had any mold problems, I make sure to take the plastic wrap off the tank for at least an hour a day to get fresh air in there. I have also cut back on the misting, now I only mist once every 4 days or so.

I didn't put anything under the substrate. I probably should have done a little more research before starting the planted tank, but everything seems to be okay right now. We will see how it goes once I add water.

Edited by brad908

Ok, 1. You guys suck 2. I can promise you I won't use zeo on my 150.

hmmmm...he didn't say "in my tanks" he qualified it.....interesting. 

anyone remember when Brad used to live in these parts and salt water tanks? 

hmmmm...he didn't say "in my tanks" he qualified it.....interesting. 

anyone remember when Brad used to live in these parts and salt water tanks? 

My thoughts was he was gonna dose it in that 20 gallon he has hooked to the system, and let it run into the 150.

Saltwater tanks cause headaches. I was just battling with UPS for hours over my coral shipment today. They decided not to deliver because my name isn't on the condo directory?

1. They delivered me corals last week, and multiple other times
  2. They delivered me a salt bucket from marinedepot the other day
  3. They just knocked on our door and gave my wife her new work laptop
  4. My wife works from home and they never tried knocking this morning
  5. .
  6. Shipping companies fire me up

/rant

My thoughts was he was gonna dose it in that 20 gallon he has hooked to the system, and let it run into the 150.

Saltwater tanks cause headaches. I was just battling with UPS for hours over my coral shipment today. They decided not to deliver because my name isn't on the condo directory?

1. They delivered me corals last week, and multiple other times
  2. They delivered me a salt bucket from marinedepot the other day
  3. They just knocked on our door and gave my wife her new work laptop
  4. My wife works from home and they never tried knocking this morning
  5. .
  6. Shipping companies fire me up

/rant

couldn't think of a #5?

that totally sucks. Can you hold them responsible for losses?  I could fight it!