Brad's 18" Rimless Cube | Powered by Nanobox

brad908

(edited)

Wow Brad, tank looks great!  Once you figure out it's quirks, you'll love the Eheim filter, they have been around forever, workhorses.  If you ever get tired of cleaning those lily pipes, Eheim puts out "installation kits" which replace the ugly green pipes with smoke grey ones.  I just installed then on my 75g, what a difference, especially with a black background.  

The plants in the very front, are they Staurogyne Repens?  

Thanks :) .I am thinking about buying a cheap set of lily pipes off ebay so I can rotate between cleanings lol

Thanks for the name on the front plants! Totally forgot what they were called. My wife really liked them, so I got 20 stems to put in the front.

Edited by brad908

• Replies 398
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great idea on duel lily pipes.  I've always been afraid to buy them, thinking I'm way too clumsy.  

Plants look like repens, but don't quote me on that.....A few years ago I bought some from Tom Barr off of TPT, they did fine with co2, once I took the co2 off the tank, well, let's just say not so fine.   Very pretty plants tho......

(edited)

Did you stain the wood once it was already on the wall? Also where did you get the lights?

I would say like 75% of the wall was stained after putting the boards up. The boards that go behind the tank were stained before putting them up.

Lights are from good ole Ikea. So are the planters.

Edited by brad908

(edited)

Here Isaac, some iPhone shots. I basically killed the pink pocci by falling off my water change schedule, but seems to be coming back.

D99A79BE-17CF-494D-959D-21DA7AE3BEFA_zps

A12453BC-A30F-4F6F-A3AE-9BC99C6713B3_zps

9AB30DB5-EFF5-4736-8F5E-12E04793FEE4_zps

Had to turn the blues off for the iPhone, so the pics kinda look greenish.

Edited by brad908

Nah, things look great!

Pocci will come back.

You should put some plates and lobos and scolly's on the sandbed!

Nah, things look great!

Pocci will come back.

You should put some plates and lobos and scolly's on the sandbed!

Thanks man. I had the scoly in the middle but moved it on the rock right before the pic.

I was thinking a pink tip elegance or an awesome Wellso brain for the sand bed.

Richard said he got like 200+ heads of hammers, so the tank should be completed soon.

Thanks man. I had the scoly in the middle but moved it on the rock right before the pic.

I was thinking a pink tip elegance or an awesome Wellso brain for the sand bed.

Richard said he got like 200+ heads of hammers, so the tank should be completed soon.

It's my belief that if you throw a wellso, elegance, or hammer in the center and call it a day, you will not be happy. Spread that paycheck over the above mentioned corals, and you can thank me later.

So while this is still pretty derailed. Any chance you'd be willing to post costs sans lights?

Im asking about the wall

Edited by jason the filter freak

I likey!

Thanks!

So while this is still pretty derailed. Any chance you'd be willing to post costs sans lights?

Im asking about the wall

Not really sure, did a lot of trips picking up a few boards at a time over a couple weeks. At least $500+, easily.

Wow just did a spit take.  On a thread related note the planted tank looks awesome! !

Thanks!

Not really sure, did a lot of trips picking up a few boards at a time over a couple weeks. At least $500+, easily.

Edited by jason the filter freak

Ok ok ok, I will tank it down and make it a planted tank

I've ignored this as long as I can. I'm just back to tell you that's not funny. 

Keep going back and forth if I want those clams or not. Wasn't part of the original plan.

Keep going back and forth if I want those clams or not. Wasn't part of the original plan.

Ok, I did it. 3 clams and 2 zoa frags on the way.

There you go. You're gonna' love it.

Clams are here! Tess said they're like an inch big lol

Also, finally ordered and received a new camera charger. So now I can take real pics again.

so was that 2 different stains on the wall? Tank is lookin gooood....

I think in total there were 4-5 stains, but 2 were used for 90%+ of the wall.

Pictures? Would love to see the tiny clam,lol

I will snap some tonight. Might have to bust out the 70-200 zoom, these things are tiny!

New zoas from salt critters

zoas031914_zps2aac7a70.jpg

Duncan, bought it with 1 head in January and has about 5 now

duncan031914_zps88e1a248.jpg

Tank

upclosefts031914_zps0de9e977.jpg

Frank Underwood approved

livingroomv3031914_zps5d86ccb7.jpg

NanoBox Mini Flare

woodgrainflare031914_zps70670960.jpg

Freshwater setup view

desk031914_zps0158b61a.jpg

Labradoodle snacking on a Sperry

penn2_zps7fb7b4b6.jpg

FU

Your dog looks crazy. But your new place is looking more like home. Let's see those clams!