Barrys 6' bartop nano

08can-am

So you read right. A 6 foot nano. This tank was built for us by Aquabox dow in Richmond. Its 6 foot long by 10"×10" It is some low iron glass that is suppose to have higher clarity than starphire. The tank is situated on our bar top that divides the kitchen from living room. For now the plans are softies, zoas, and lps. As for fish probably clowns then some smallers guys. If you have any cool fish suggestions let me know. At this time I plan on weekly water changes but there is plenty of room for a skimmer in the chamber. Its 10"×6". Heres the rest

6'×10"×10" aquabox custom AIO

tunze 1073.008 return pump

IM spinstream return nozzle

Jebao wp 25

Lights for now are a marineland reef capable led fixture. Possible rapid build soon. Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

courtesy of my sweet S4

Fricken' awesome! What, that huge tank wasn't enough?! Following along.

My wife actually suggested it. It helps keep from junking up the counter. I forgot to add its around 30 gallons I think.

courtesy of my sweet S4

Wow, very much awesome! By the way, starphire is a brand of low-iron glass by ppg.... So it's all low-iron but they are not all created equal.

So does this 6 footer qualify for a tang??? :-)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4

As far as fish. Some clowns then im not sure. It will not be tied in with the other. I just need a top off for it now. The tank will be open top. The wife kinda wants a mantis shrimp so we are undecided. Glad you guys like it. After seeing all the slick nanos on here I see nano is the new sexy

courtesy of my sweet S4

Nice, I thought about a Mr aqua bookshelf tank for our pass-through but got shot down. This setup knocks the socks off my idea...looking forward to seeing what you do. Are you going to screen the top or leave it open? Might inform some fish suggestions

After seeing all the slick nanos on here I see nano is the new sexycourtesy of my sweet S4

They are. They stock up quickly, and corals fill in quickly too.

Love the dimensions.  Going to be a sweet tank.  Can't believe that at 6 feet long it's only 30 gallons, but did the math and you are right.  It's just over 31 gallons.

• 2 weeks later...

So, what's it going to be?

gonna test on friday and if ready gonna look for a couple clowns. Then wait a few weeks and maybe a goby/shrimp pair. Then go from there

courtesy of my sweet S4

Well we added two SA fancy ocellaris a week ago and a scooter blenny. All is well with a weekly 7 gallon wc. We added two small blue chromis and a sally lightfoot tonight. Not sure whats next but heres a few pics. I added a few frags from my big tank to add color until we can get up to incredible corals

courtesy of my sweet S4

post-2633585-138067611051_thumb.jpg

post-2633585-138067612591_thumb.jpg