2 sided 300dd in wall build

This is the second tank I have built into a wall. This one I decided to do custom wainscoat panel surround. Here are    some beginning pics of the construction progress.

we go on vacation next week, but I am hoping I can finish up the drywall,painting and rest of construction in the next 3 weeks or so. The I get to get to the fun stuff.....plumbing and setting up the tank.

Iam going to go with the zeovit method for this tank. I just got my revolution m skimmer in from germany(took 2.5 months) I now have all the equipment for the tank.

eddie

(edited)

Fantastic!! Tagging along

What's your stocking plan?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

2 x Watanabei Angelfish (female and male)

2 x blue hippo tang

2 x chocolate clowns

6 x lyretail anthias(1 male 5 female)

2 x yellow tangs

1 copperband

1 flame angel or golden flake angel or bi-color angel.(not sure on this ???)

1 yellow coris wrasse for vermatid control.

Edited by Coral Hind

Lol Marcos!

Though I have to say having your own must make it much easier to do 'personal projects'

Looking forward to seeing more progress on this.....

I worry that with just the two yellow tangs together you might have some aggression between them. In my tank two tangs just never got along but once I added a third it all calmed down.

2 x Watanabei Angelfish (female and male)

2 x blue hippo tang

2 x chocolate clowns

6 x lyretail anthias(1 male 5 female)

2 x yellow tangs

1 copperband

1 flame angel or golden flake angel or bi-color angel.(not sure on this ???)

1 yellow coris wrasse for vermatid control.

I did not know the yellow coris would eat vermatid, I have a whole bunch growing in my tank. you are building my dream tank. Good job, will be tagging along so i can get some tips.

fun! and you have your own CNC? i think we will become very good friends!

Nice job and I'm looking forward to seeing this get completed.

I wish I had a CNC!

thanks guys. I have had the cnc for 2or 3 years now, I got it when i was building a kit helicopter(one i fly), I made some parts for folks for the helicopter on the cnc. I will post a video of the cnc in action cutting the rails,when i get back from vacation. I also have in mind an over-center brace for the lovered door that i want to cut from aluminum on the cnc.....I will post that too when i do it. 

I worry that with just the two yellow tangs together you might have some aggression between them. In my tank two tangs just never got along but once I added a third it all calmed down.

thanks for the info, now i will have to make it 3 yellow tangs.

I did not know the yellow coris would eat vermatid, I have a whole bunch growing in my tank. you are building my dream tank. Good job, will be tagging along so i can get some tips.

I read that on the internet, My previous coris did eat them...not so sure about my new one.

Awesome build.  Following along!

Thanks incredible corals...I will only be putting the best corals in this tank, no brown corals!!!, even if it means i have to buy less and pay more! I will keep you in mind when i buy my corals...

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

this week my family is priming/painting the basement. I expect to have all the painting done by the first week of January.

I ordered 3/8" Acrylic to make my custom sump. This is my first attempt at Acrylic work so the sump will sit in a rectangular Koi preformed pond plastic enclosure. 

Awesome build. I see you're a guitar player. Can you shred it like Malmsteen?

I try to play guitar, I like playing the guitar, but.....I stink at it!