What is the best All in One tank?

Ryan S

I have both bio-cube and JBJ running and I like them both but unless you plan on getting the LED retro kit I would go with the Nuvo that is what I am looking at getting for my office.

I have both bio-cube and JBJ running and I like them both but unless you plan on getting the LED retro kit I would go with the Nuvo that is what I am looking at getting for my office.

Check out this new JBJ...

http://www.marinedepot.com/JBJ_Nano_Cube_RL_Rimless_Biotope_Aquarium_30_Gallon_Nano_Cube_Aquariums_Tanks_30_39_Gallons-JBJ_Lighting-JB00982-FIAQNCNTHH-JB00992-vi.html

You can get whatever lights you want.

I like the biocubes, but as mentioned, pc lighting without retrofitting them is a PIA. I have had no experience with them, but from what I've heard, Nuvo a good way to go.

HE'S BACK

Its definately a marineland 300 DD or a Custom 1000g cube. :laugh:

You know, or this.

are you contemplating a comeback Ryan?

Nuvo aquariums... hands down... they are the sleekest looking ones out there, and now that they don't make you purchase their lights as a kit, it's an even better deal.  The new 24 gallon nuvo is sweet, pop a 36 inch ecoxotic marine panarama and you are set...

not sure if you've had a chance to stop by the new store yet, but we have all the nuvo's set up on display so you can see what they look like.  I'm sure Vince will be happy that you are getting an "itch" to return.

I have a biocube and a Red Sea max. Both have heat issues, so unless you're in a cool room, basement, etc you might need to get a chiller or do a fan mod. If you're not pressed on led, the enclosed look of those tanks is nice and generally keeps kids, etc from throwing stuff in. I personally think the Red Sea max is the nicest looking AIO out there.

I had a BC29 and an RSM130, both with CF-type of lighting. They were OK for softies. Minimum flexibility when it came to adding equipment or macro to aid with filtration. I had to get customized third-party racks for things like carbon and GFO unless I used one of their inserts. The skimmer that came with the RSM130 was p*** poor. I changed it out for a Tunze with a custom fit cup. Looking back, since they were so small, it's just as easy to manage water quality with larger water changes. While the AIO looked nice, I like the flexibility of having more equipment choices. Heat was a problem on the RSM. I had to add a chiller to keep the temperature stable. The stock fans on the unit weren't all that reliable on either model. Luckily, there are sources for better fans, but you had to look around on the 'net to find instructions to take the hoods apart in many cases. LED's would be a real step forward for lighting and, possibly, for heat management. Taking the lid off of the RSM to do detailed work in the back compartments was a bit of a pain as I recall. Both setups required additional power heads for improved flow. The stock pumps were good to move water through the filtration system, but that wasn't sufficient for in-tank flow.

I have a used 14 gallon JBJ that I've never set up. The hinges on it were broken when I got it, so this may have been a week spot in their design at one time. Not sure about that, though.

I have a Nuvo 30 gallon and couldn't be happier.

The only thing I did not like about it was the glass top, but I easily made a screen top for it myself.

Forgot to mention the stock pumps on the Nuvo's are a little on the noisey side. I replaced mine with a Sicce pump, and it's silent.

are you contemplating a comeback Ryan?

Nuvo aquariums... hands down... they are the sleekest looking ones out there, and now that they don't make you purchase their lights as a kit, it's an even better deal.  The new 24 gallon nuvo is sweet, pop a 36 inch ecoxotic marine panarama and you are set...

not sure if you've had a chance to stop by the new store yet, but we have all the nuvo's set up on display so you can see what they look like.  I'm sure Vince will be happy that you are getting an "itch" to return.

I saw them at Quantum Reefs store yesterday, they are very nice. 

Is the one you Design and Build yourself... A Living, Self-Supporting Eco-System... So Every Aspect may be met for your Particular Needs and Wants.

Edited by TheyCallMeMr.703

I've only had a Biocube, but if I were do get an AIO again I'd take a serious look at those Nuvo's - they just look nice to me. Definately take a swing by Quantum Reefs to see them in person.

OMG she isn't kidding....Do yourself a favor and don't buy one....tank sitting hulys tank is an awesome challenge because of that skimmer. I learned to meditate this past week just to deal with theirs lmao

REd Sea Max Protein skimmer SUCKS!  Just ask Jenn and Pez

Does anyone have any pics or videos of a nice reef tank in a Nuvo Aquarium? I don't see many on google.

This is my 30g Nuvo.

Not sure if you would consider it "nice" though. :)

PM me if you have any questions. I'll be happy to help.

Posted Image

This is my 30g Nuvo.

Not sure if you would consider it "nice" though. :)

PM me if you have any questions. I'll be happy to help.

Posted Image

VERY nice!!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

REd Sea Max Protein skimmer SUCKS!  Just ask Jenn and Pez

In defense of the Red Sea Max, this tank is the only AIO that comes with a skimmer at all and shouldn't necessarily be used to judge the tank itself as every other option requires you to buy your own. Now granted, if the tank were $100 cheaper and you got to put that money toward a "decent" nano skimmer that would indeed be better than that piece of crap they give you stock.

Hands down winner is the 12g stock Aquapod. Clean, neat, simple. Remove the loc-line, dump the cerapore, and knowing your limitations makes this one the king.