FF Purchase Pics!!!

First of all, thank you to everyone that came out and attended this years Frag Fest!  Many of you took home some awesome corals from us and we hope you enjoy them for a long long time!  

Now that you're home, and your new coral has started to settle in, we'd like to see some pics of them in YOUR TANK!

So please, post some pics in this thread that show your new awesome additions!

Again, thank you to everyone that came by our booth today.  We hope you make some time to stop by soon!

Now hurry up and post some pics!

We have our eye on a few corals from you but we need to place a few things and figure out if we have room but if anyone did not take advantage of your snail of a deal be very jealous!  These snails were a lot bigger than expected and even though they did not get added to the tank until 8-9PM last night (we had to clean tank water change etc before we added anything) they all survided and were very active! 

ERCSnails3_zps43b61e8d.jpg

ERCSnails2_zps99e24cb3.jpg

ERCSnails_zpsaf0d53be.jpg

Do those snails have snorkels? Or is that their mouths or, uhm, .... something else?

Some snails have eye stalks and others have a siphon used for feeding and sensing the environment. This is probably what you're looking at.

(Sent from my phone.)

Um...based on that pic (so not saying with 100% confidence) those look like Ilyanassa obsoleta which is a temperate water species that doesn't usually do well in reef systems. If yours are dark brown/black with a rounded white apex (often an obvious giveaway) you should check out these links about the black onyx / black mud snail. They seem to alright for some people but...

http://www.wetwebmedia.com/snailselfaqs.htm

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2006-11/mg/

It is important to note that there IS a true Nassarius species that is black (Nassarius polygonatus) but its shell looks different (less rounded, wider opening, pointed black tip).

Hopefully Richard can chime in to clarify any confusion...

Ill gladly check with my supplier, I just order them as nassarius snails.

I have always ordered them from the same wholesaler and have never had any issues with them. I have over 200 in the coral tanks right now and they are fantastic.

Healthiest snails I have bought to date. Ordered 50 got 50 alive and well. Will def get more asap.

Regardless of their scientific name, I have a bunch of these in my tank right now that have been there for quite a long time. Maybe these are that one species of Nassarius that are black?

• 1 month later...

Is everyone still liking these little black snails afterhaving them in your tanks for a while? What do they eat in your tanks?

Yes, they are amazing for sifting sand, all over my tank all the time.

My tank is now entering the next phase of the uglies with my cycle.  Sand and rock are turning from brown to green with furry patches of orange and green.  I got a few of these little black snails from Richard over the weekend and they're fun to watch like everyone says.  They also seem to hang out together for some reason.  I wrapped a little bit of nori around an small piece of rock with a rubberband and dropped it in and they all came up out of the sand like everyone said they would.  Fun.

Sorry about the blues, repetitiveness, and the quantity in advance.

DSC_0283_zps42ff3653.jpg

DSC_0282_zpsaeda5771.jpg

DSC_0299_zps8020f376.jpg

DSC_0298_zps71e65d7b.jpg

DSC_0296_zpsb548c873.jpg

DSC_0292_zps47518e30.jpg

DSC_0290_zps72545ca4.jpg

DSC_0289_zps4c62bd76.jpg