Hello, from Catonsville MD!

Hello, just thought I would introduce myself, my name is Hart, and great to finally be on here!

I am coming up on full 1 year with my RSM250 tank runnning......and after the advice of somone I bought coral from I joinded here. My fiancee and I have become obsessed, and she also has RSM130 going on the 2nd month.

Here is a video of my tank from a few months ago......things have changed dramatically since!!! I have waiving hand, kenya tree, and pulsing xenia growing out of control. The waiving hand has made its way on the back glass and is about 6 times larger than what you see in the video.

note, my tank is no longer as overstocked as in the video.

Current:

1 Blue hippo

1 yellow tang

2 osc clowns

1 yellow tail damsel

1 3 stipe damsel

1 cleaner wrasse

1 lawnmover blenny

1 clam

Any comments/advice appreciated! Thanks!

nice looking tank

welcome to the club! Would love to see an updated shot since you said its a little different now.....

Looks like your blue hippo is getting a little big to be in that tank....any plans to place it in a larger tank or swap it out for something else?  They grow fast and really need 180 gallons or so to be truly happy and have room to swim....

tank looks great and I am looking forward to your journey.....

Thanks all! great to see so many local people.......I never saw anyone local on r2r.

I hope to evenutally get a 300g+, I hope the hippo wont out grow me before then.........although he does look bigger all the time, best eater in the tank by far!

Yes, since I made that video, I have kenya, xenia, and waiving hand growing out of control, everywhere!

FloodDC: I bought hammers from someone in Germantown a few months ago, with the anemone tank in the kitchen, and  the 2 massive tanks in the basement......I dont think that was you? I watched your videos, and the tanks look different from what I remember.

I will get the financee' to get a video of her tank up soon to. Have a great day everyone!!!

Ps. Looking for a 8+ head branching hammer colony or yellowwatchman, or bi-color branching (tan/purple)frogspawn!

lol ok fess up who has all the tanks he got his stuff from? That sounds awesome

yes....those corals get out of control fast....its very rewarding when you first start out though isn't it?....

keep your eye on the FS forum...all the things you are looking for show up all the time....

Looking forward to watching both of you tanks evolve...the 300 sounds like a great project!!!  My Blue Hippo is a pig too and has amazing skills swimming as fast as possible and sucking in every single speck of food in the tank lol....

lol ok fess up who has all the tanks he got his stuff from? That sounds awesome

yes....those corals get out of control fast....its very rewarding when you first start out though isn't it?....

keep your eye on the FS forum...all the things you are looking for show up all the time....

Looking forward to watching both of you tanks evolve...the 300 sounds like a great project!!!  My Blue Hippo is a pig too and has amazing skills swimming as fast as possible and sucking in every single speck of food in the tank lol....

I would say ive bought most fish from stores, however most corals from CL......all I know is between both tanks I am around 6k! :(

I am in the swimming pool business and plan to incorporate alot of  pool equipment into the next tank! should be a fun experiment!

I would say ive bought most fish from stores, however most corals from CL......all I know is between both tanks I am around 6k! :(

I am in the swimming pool business and plan to incorporate alot of  pool equipment into the next tank! should be a fun experiment!

oh you need to meet swimmatte.....he is in the same situation and incorporates stuff in as well....

you will find incredible, generous and fun people in this club....you will get great corals and fish and supplies here at affordable prices....make sure you attend the frag swaps ..there is one coming up in 2 weeks!

(edited)

oh you need to meet swimmatte.....he is in the same situation and incorporates stuff in as well....

you will find incredible, generous and fun people in this club....you will get great corals and fish and supplies here at affordable prices....make sure you attend the frag swaps ..there is one coming up in 2 weeks!

Where is the frag swap at? Would love to come.  I could bring xenia, and kenya tree only 2 items I have that I could give up..............The waiving hand I got is growing out of control awesome working its way up the backglass, however not ready to frag her off yet.

Oh....also have 4 coral eating Emerald crabs! (already moved into the 10g "doouce tank").

Edited by harticus5

Welcome to the club, like swffan said it's good to have more people up north.  I'm just a bit west in Ellicott City and actually moved here from Catonsville less than a year ago.

• 2 months later...

Hey finally found some people in my area. I am in Odenton Md. Currently have a 55g but getting a 150 this weekend. Love a new build :clap:

There is another member here that lives in Odenton..  I am in Ellicott City/Elkridge.  Not as many members around this area compared to N. Virginia/D.C., but we are around.

There is another member here that lives in Odenton..  I am in Ellicott City/Elkridge.  Not as many members around this area compared to N. Virginia/D.C., but we are around.

It is good to see. It is hard to find others in this hobby in this area for the most part unless you sit at house of tropicals all day lol. Yeah I am on richmond reefers a lot too. Just found a tank on there that I am picking up this weekend :laugh:

Welcome! I'm fairly close by in Odenon. My office is in Catonsville.

Cool deal. Yeah I am back by odenton elementary area. It is okay back here I guess. Definitely no Virginia Beach where I just came from lol. Yeah I work in Columbia.