Two tanks, One room

YHSublime

Cool looking stand. Are you going to put something under it to prevent damage to the new floor?

Maybe build a wood bottom, wood skirt that comes up to the bottom of where you will have doors and set it on a neoprene pad. Paint, caulk, seal the inside so that it can catch any water that spills on the inside. If you build it where the skirt actually sits 1/2" outside the panels on the side it may catch any water that spills from a overflow down the sides of the tank and sides..... Thought about this if I had not build a wet room with a drain.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks sweet, great job on the floors!! 

Thank you, sir. Getting there. Once I cranked out the living room, I finished half the bedroom in about 30 minutes.

Cool looking stand. Are you going to put something under it to prevent damage to the new floor?

Maybe build a wood bottom, wood skirt that comes up to the bottom of where you will have doors and set it on a neoprene pad. Paint, caulk, seal the inside so that it can catch any water that spills on the inside. If you build it where the skirt actually sits 1/2" outside the panels on the side it may catch any water that spills from a overflow down the sides of the tank and sides..... Thought about this if I had not build a wet room with a drain.

Yeah, Tony did a great job with it. I was thinking about it tonight, not really sure how I'm going to handle it. I was going to at least throw some of the moisture barrier underneath it. It's sitting on about a dozen heavy duty furniture pads at the moment, as is anything else that comes within a small radius of my new floors. That's a good idea above, I've got tons to think about, and unfortunately only a third of them involve the tank.

We set the stand out to see what a peninsula build would have looked like. We are regretting not doing it now, as the space would have been a plenty. Oh well, next place. Still aiming for epic.

Yeah, Tony did a great job with it. I was thinking about it tonight, not really sure how I'm going to handle it. I was going to at least throw some of the moisture barrier underneath it. It's sitting on about a dozen heavy duty furniture pads at the moment, as is anything else that comes within a small radius of my new floors. That's a good idea above, I've got tons to think about, and unfortunately only a third of them involve the tank.

We set the stand out to see what a peninsula build would have looked like. We are regretting not doing it now, as the space would have been a plenty. Oh well, next place. Still aiming for epic.

What is stopping you from doing it now?

Edited by DuffyGeos

What size was the tubing on that stand?

What size was the tubing on that stand?

Ken, 3 holes in the back wall and a mortgage.

Eric: I don't know.

That's a beautiful job on the floors my friend. And that's a beautiful stand. I can't wait to see the final product. This is going to be Isaac's home build too!

Thanks! I am also looking forward to the final product. There is a lot in motion ATM, so it will be nice to get it wet and hopefully kill a cycle quickly!

That's a beautiful job on the floors my friend. And that's a beautiful stand. I can't wait to see the final product. This is going to be Isaac's home build too!

Thanks! I am also looking forward to the final product. There is a lot in motion ATM, so it will be nice to get it wet and hopefully kill a cycle quickly!

Well, I've been more absent lately, but great news to report. Living room floors are complete, and my stand has arrived. Now I've got to crank the bedroom, closets, and hallway out as quickly as possible so we can clean up, paint, and get rid if all this freaking dust!

b52d751716e718136185f74f7efd9705.jpg

3f926a67817d15a3c2722162a89b2243.jpg

Was the stand built by Baltimore Tony ? BTW the floors look great. I would suggest having a PVC sheet fabricated like the DSA stands. It have saved me on a few occasions.

Edited by DCReefer1964

Was the stand built by Baltimore Tony ? BTW the floors look great. I would suggest having a PVC sheet fabricated like the DSA stands. It have saved me on a few occasions.

Yes sah.

And thanks! I'd like a PVC sheet like the DSA, time and money are short right now, tick-tock, ching-ching.

Yes sah.

And thanks! I'd like a PVC sheet like the DSA, time and money are short right now, tick-tock, ching-ching.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been MIA. You posting that thing up in the wall?

Nah man, we bought a place right around the corner, closer to the cvs/Harris teeter/rt 50 side. Just over the glebe road way. No room for in wall, but enough room to negotiate 6" more depth with the ol' lady.

Looks awesome!

Thanks! It's doubling as a workbench ATM, I'm about 24 hours out from finishing sanding and staining the kitchen cabinets. Tank comes in Sunday, and I've got Aquabox building me a customs solution overflow, internal and external box. ERC is arranging all communication, and I am tickled pink to see the end results.

Nah man, we bought a place right around the corner, closer to the cvs/Harris teeter/rt 50 side. Just over the glebe road way. No room for in wall, but enough room to negotiate 6" more depth with the ol' lady.

Thanks! It's doubling as a workbench ATM, I'm about 24 hours out from finishing sanding and staining the kitchen cabinets. Tank comes in Sunday, and I've got Aquabox building me a customs solution overflow, internal and external box. ERC is arranging all communication, and I am tickled pink to see the end results.

Please include a picture of a "pink" Isaac!

Please include a picture of a "pink" Isaac!

You will see one soon!

Nice house

Thanks, sir. It's just a little slice of the pie, but it'll do for us for now. Looking forward to setting up the tank, already cycling some rock through it now, an almost full move on this Sunday.

Isaac, I hate to be picky...but isn't the shower curtain suppose to go past the tub to keep the water in? :laugh:

Looks like you did a great job! I am sure you will be proud of this apartment  "build" for a long time. Congrats!

Isaac, I hate to be picky...but isn't the shower curtain suppose to go past the tub to keep the water in? :laugh:

Looks like you did a great job! I am sure you will be proud of this apartment "build" for a long time. Congrats!

Haha. Hopefully we get that fixed before we move in.

Thank you, sir.

looking good

Thanks!

Man, that is one badass looking stand!

Yeah, some guy did a pretty good job with it!

I'll get some better pictures up this weekend or next.