Two tanks, One room

YHSublime

You should be proud isaac tthe manly man. House is looking very good. Good job

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You should be proud Isaac the manly man. House is looking very good. Good job

Thanks man, I am super proud. It's not all over yet, but we are getting there. Electricians came today and now I can actually use ALL my outlets, and have a panel box I don't have to move the fridge to get ta' every time!

What am amazing new place!

Thanks! I have put a lot of sweat into it, but hopefully it will mean nothing but relaxing next month, I feel like I have two full time jobs right now!

I'm moving my 100 gallon tub in tomorrow. I plan on taking my 150 and doing a straight transfer, sans sand, into said tub. I have my overflow coming in within the week, so once that happens, I'll plumb, push up against the wall, and try to use as much of the water I have already. I'll then have 50 gallons on hand to do a water change after 24 hours. I will slowly move fish over as they are caught and hope this trick will work without any losses. I also need to figure out how I will do the lights over the tub.

A view from the kitchen tonight.

e8d9434ddb685315805546f5f7f6dc72.jpg

Lookin' good!

Thanks

you need a new thread for this build.

You think so?!

I see a spot on your new wood floors :rolleyes:

Good job!, I am sure that was not very fun.

It was exhausting. I've got some really cool plans down the road, so hopefully worth it!

That's a lot o rock

Same rock that was in the 150, just a smaller tub.

you need a new thread for this build. 

I was going to start a new thread for my build "One Tank, Two Rooms" since my tank really is in two rooms....but it sounds too close :tongue:

Edited by DuffyGeos

• 2 weeks later...

Any updates?

Yes, lots! But I'm getting ready for a new build, yay/nay?

Since you're putting this much thought into making a new build thread and potential build thread name, I can't wait to see all the thought into the actual build!! :laugh: :clap:

Since you're putting this much thought into making a new build thread and potential build thread name, I can't wait to see all the thought into the actual build!! :laugh: :clap:

I want to make sure everything is done and documented right!

So do you have pics of the Tonga rock formation in it's perfect state before it changed as it was put in the tank.....That would be part of the documentation.

"This is what it could have been!" :laugh:

So do you have pics of the Tonga rock formation in it's perfect state before it changed as it was put in the tank.....That would be part of the documentation.

"This is what it could have been!" :laugh:

Don't kick that horse, Ken, I'm devastated. What did you think about it's current state?

Don't kick that horse, Ken, I'm devastated. What did you think about it's current state?

I liked it...... except for the zip ties :laugh: The only thing I would do is to remove some of the pieces? How many are tied together? Leave more open space so the arching branch is more pronounced IMO, if you can do it.