Two tanks, One room

YHSublime

Thank you, sir. kind of. Now that I've got them blown up and on the screen and large, a lot of them are blurry. Practice will make perfect.

I want one of each of the last 10 pics!!!

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want one of each of the last 10 pics!!!

Some of my sps. I can make that happen on all but the jackie when you're ready.

Looking good Mr. Two Tanks no Room. Tagging along!!!!! :laugh: :laugh:

Lol, thanks H. Good to have you here.

Very very nice

Thank you, sir. Some of those macros are not even sub-par, I will probably try and redo.

I totally have Zoa-envy. Well more like tank envy. Looks great pal.

Up until you see how much was spent! I love zoas, I'm thinking about doing a separate tank, clams, zoas, acans, and choice SPS. Thanks for checking it out!

Oh I know about the cost thing. I'm cheap tho. I try and by used and or sale stuff only. My LEDs and my GFO/Carbon reactor were the only major things I bought new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow issac. These are amazing! !!

Thanks!

Thank you, sir. kind of. Now that I've got them blown up and on the screen and large, a lot of them are blurry. Practice will make perfect.

Yeah, I was gonna say 95% of them aren't in focus. Are you using a tripod? If not, a tripod and time released shutter should solve everything.

Give the man a break! We're judging him by his ability to keep coral and fish...not photography. :)

Yeah, I was gonna say 95% of them aren't in focus. Are you using a tripod? If not, a tripod and time released shutter should solve everything.

Yeah, looking at them blown up = no bueno. I am not using a tripod. I do have one to use, but that limits my shots to everything that is right in front of the tank. That really limits my variety of shots. That's about a third of my zoa collection pictured, but they are all placed around and behind other things, so you'll notice that a lot of my shots are of things in the front, like the meteror shower cyphestria, or those zoas, clams, acros on my sandbed. You rarely see shots of the birdsnest that I have in the back, or all my acans that are scattered about behind my tonga structure. I even have some acros on the back of my rock arch, but you rarely see photos of them because they are the hardest to get.

When I use the look down (most of the top down shots) I usually don't turn off my flow, and I rarely organize my lights. I guess I'm admitting to being terribly lazy. My favorite macro lens is the 60mm, and it's probably because it's more forgiving than a 90, or a 105. I have seem clamps that you can clamp your camera to the side of the tank, and then use a look down, and then use a timer, but at the end of the day, i think I would rather spend those dollars on 2 reactors.

Give the man a break! We're judging him by his ability to keep coral and fish...not photography. :)

No way! Critique away, or else I won't get better, and I'll be OK with sub-par photos! Is that bigfoot, or a coral?

Either way, this photo was liked! I'm gonna be on a cereal box!

Screenshot2014-07-17at40031PM_zps5498fc5

Really enjoying all your pics Isaac...so is a 3rd tank really in the works or am I just propagating rumors

Really enjoying all your pics Isaac...so is a 3rd tank really in the works or am I just propagating rumors

Thanks! I was thinking about going down, so probably not. I loved that tank when they got it, but I'm thinking I need to stick with one thing to ensure success...

I think the photos look awesome. Everything looking great Isaac.

Thanks, Laura! The blue side is a treasure! Couple rough starting hours with the Melanurus, but they are fine now.

\Yay! So glad it's doing well. I was a little concerned it knocked itself stupid. 

Don't get me wrong. It's definitely tried to see if my cover works :) So far 100% success rate.

DSC_0072_zps62356a1c.jpg

All I can say is, " simply stunning "!!

Thanks for checking in, I'm glad you enjoyed it!

In an attempt to start to see everyone's setups I'm still trying to figure out why I picked the one with 59 pages to start with :/ I read most of it also~

Looks Great!

I need to stop by and take some zoas off your hand to free up some room :)

In an attempt to start to see everyone's setups I'm still trying to figure out why I picked the one with 59 pages to start with :/ I read most of it also~

Looks Great!

I need to stop by and take some zoas off your hand to free up some room :)

Yikes! You got to see most of the ups and downs then! And my first tank! I think the majority of this build is me being incredibly indecisive, talking things out, and then doing something completely different! There's also about 10 pages of me trying to figure out how to build a stand, and then plumbing, and then sticking with everything the way it was anyways.

Hard to believe it's been less than a year still!

Room isn't an issue, I can always find room! I never think I have a lot of zoas, but when I try to start photographing them all, I realize I do!