pizzaguy's new build (this one is the one) no more changing

pizzaguy

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

113 more miles and I'm there.

Don't know how to do pics from phone. But there is a small chip on the inside on the seam got me pretty nervous. But its loaded and headed home. Gonna fill tonight when I get home and water test.

Will post pics as soon as I get home.

280 loooonnnnggggggg miles to go.

Yes sir. Open to close.I'm used to it. Been doing it 23 years. Lol

I'd I told you how much coffee I drink you would have a heart attack for me. That chips got me pretty nervous and the glass isn't perfectly square like my reef savvy was. Don't get me wrong its a beautiful tank but it won't matter if it leaks!! Lol

1,000 miles today. Two hours to go.

1,000 miles today. Two hours to go.

Wish you luck bro. Almost home! Hope everything goes well with the tank. Would it be possible to silicone the affected area before doing a water test? Let it cure for 48 hours and then give the water test a shot. Added insurance no?

well, the stand wont fit in my house. so gonna have to do some work on the stand i was building. second, im gonna post some pics of this chip. please give advice on what to do before water testing. ive never fixed a tank before.

post-2633446-0-73620200-1355292203_thumb.jpg

post-2633446-0-78638000-1355292218_thumb.jpg

the chip is inside on the front edge of the tank. the glass piece is loose but attached to the silicone so i havent touched it.

It doesn't look too bad. The seal on the silicone looks like it's holding. I would definitely order some black aquarium silicone and seal it up though.

I'd I told you how much coffee I drink you would have a heart attack for me. That chips got me pretty nervous and the glass isn't perfectly square like my reef savvy was. Don't get me wrong its a beautiful tank but it won't matter if it leaks!! Lol

I drink a 12 cup pot every morning.

Where is the chip in the tank? Close to the bottom, halfway up the sides, close to the top, really can't tell from the pic. Was the tank already chipped, or did it get chipped moving it?

Edited by surf&turf

I'd be worried too. If it is on the bottom I would make sure the top of the stand it will rest on is perfectly flat and rigid so no flexing of the glass can cause it to crack. I would also scab a piece of glass over that spot to help keep the glass from bowing and cracking. Cut a piece of glass several inches larger then the chip and silicone it inside the tank over the chipped area. Once the tank is full of sand you will not see it.

It was already there but I didn't want to come back empty handed. It is inside on the bottom pice of glass on the front. Where the front and bottom meet.

Did he tell you it was cracked in advance? If I drove all that way to find that out, I would've been PISSED.

+1, did he have water in it with the chip or did he chip it after he broke it down?

Edited by John