Quantum Reefs

BowieReefer84

Welcome, Ben. I visited last night for the first time since they opened their doors in the new location. Very nice place. Open floor plan, very good selection. Personal attention. Great formula for success.

Sent from my phone

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So much for my ORA clam.....I'm a newbie to clams and obviously didn't do enough research. My decorator crab ate my beautiful clam. A sad day it is....

I still love Quantum Reefs though!!!

Edited by Reefer_Madness

I'm sure I must have visited on an off day when I went but it wasn't stellar to me... I felt a bit like an outsider and honestly there were alot of dead fish (meaning 10-12 either just dead or being eaten, not tankfuls). I will probably try again but since it's an hour away it may be awhile. They did have really cool stock though - some things I don't normally see without special ordering.

What's funny is I probably would have dropped at least $200-$300 (plus the IM ATO) if anyone would have really bothered. It was burning a hole in my pocket. Better luck next time!

I'm sure I must have visited on an off day when I went but it wasn't stellar to me... I felt a bit like an outsider and honestly there were alot of dead fish (meaning 10-12 either just dead or being eaten, not tankfuls). I will probably try again but since it's an hour away it may be awhile. They did have really cool stock though - some things I don't normally see without special ordering.

What's funny is I probably would have dropped at least $200-$300 (plus the IM ATO) if anyone would have really bothered. It was burning a hole in my pocket. Better luck next time!

This is a relaxed store. If you ask, Vince and Steve will talk to you for hours about your set up. If you say your just looking they will let you until you ask. This is a place where you can just come in and look and hang and learn if you want. Go back and talk to them.

Sometimes no fish will die after acclimation, but sometimes any LFS is unlucky.

Agree, go back and talk to them. Great bunch of guys who aren't just there to sell u anything. I must have talked to Steve about my unique cube sum sump requirements and design one for in the spot and got it a week later. They have have stopped me from buying stuff that would not be compatible. So I trust them!

This is a relaxed store. If you ask, Vince and Steve will talk to you for hours about your set up. If you say your just looking they will let you until you ask. This is a place where you can just come in and look and hang and learn if you want. Go back and talk to them.

Sometimes no fish will die after acclimation, but sometimes any LFS is unlucky.

I can't agree with this more. Steve and Vince are fantastic and if you tell them you want to browse they give you the peace and quiet if just being able to take it all in.....your experience floors me and is ABSOLUTELY not the normal course of business. Please try again as that is incredibly out of character for this store. I call them the LFS superstore. If you need it-not matter how bizarre they usually have it or something better.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

I appreciate all of the feedback. I will definitely try again. Steve reached out immediately and I feel much better (and I was super impressed by that!). I think it was just busy. There was no way they could have known that I'd just traveled an hour with my 4 year old to get there. :) "What? No red carpet?" was probably a hair unreasonable. And I totally agree that the fish deaths were probably an acclimation/shipment thing. They had just gotten some in.

There is an LFS I have gone to that's relatively close to me where the couple of times I've tried it I feel like I'm begging to hand them money so I'm sure that plays into my first impression of anywhere new.

I'm glad I posted though. If not I probably never would have gone back.

(edited)

Great news.  I posted this thread a year ago, and still love these guys.  They have always done right by me!

Let me note, the door to door service was prior to them having the shop.  I wouldn't dare expect that at this point in time.

Edited by BowieReefer84

Apparently, Steve read the posting about my beautiful dead clam.  He sent me a PM last night.

saw your post about the decorator crab eating your clam... sorry to hear about that. Stop by this weekend and we'll get one for you at a really, really, really, nice price... as long as you promise to get rid of the decorator crab... they are a menace in my opinion and will go after your other inverts... this is why we don't sell them at the store and any store that sells them... well... they need to warn people before they sell them...

anyhow, we hate it when our customers don't get the great satisfaction of shopping with us. So the offer is there for you. We'll have to go over some of the other inhabitants in your tank to ensure compatibility with one another. I'll be there on Saturday and Sunday so come by if you can... also, we are getting in a large shipment of gold torches, toxic hammers, duncans and such tomorrow... part of our labor day extravaganza i haven't announced yet. You will be very pleased....

does that work for you?

Steve

That is a person that actually cares about reefing and customer service. I'm the moron that didn't do the research, but Steve cared enough to write me a note.  They have earned my loyalty.

Steve and Vince were my one shop stop, even when they were in a basement, they always had what I needed. They held my hand when I started, and I'll share my customer service story (which is pretty much every time I go in, but this one stands out.)

I ordered an ORA Mandarin from them about a month and a half before they started their move to Springfield. At that stage, they were hard to come by already, and they told me that it would probably be about a month and a half out. I was still building a pod population, so not a big deal. At their grand opening, probably about 4 months later, and after I thought they had forgoten about me, when I walked in, they had found a way to get me my ORA Mandy, and remembered, amidst setting a new store and all that hectic jazz.

thanks all for the vote of confidence.  I normally don't comment on these vendor experience forums... but seeing someone going from low to high and seeing folks speak out on our behalf... It makes all the long hours and hard work that we do worthwhile... now, if i can only convince my wife of this :happy:

i'm sure she's tired of me coming home at 1am in the morning... such as tonight, from a long day at the shop. 

Hope to see everyone this weekend... i was too tired to take any pictures... but imagine this.. we have over a hundred frags of euphyllia of all sorts.. and that's just a quarter of one of our 4 frag tanks...

On June 26th My 90 Gallon tank cracked I lost everything only one fish survived a lone clownfish, and a coral banded shrimp! All of my coral all of my tangs everything! It was a huge loss, not too mention the almost 30 grand in damages to my house.  I stumbled upon this store Quantum Reefs online and sent them an email explaining what happened, Steve called me within 5 minutes of getting my email. I have NEVER had such outstanding customer service

as I have recieved from Quantum Reefs they truly care about what they do!  They helped me hand pick an entire new system out from the ground up and Steve personally delivered it too me, what more could I ask for.   Can a mail order company do that for you?

They have a customer for life out of me...

Thank You Steve and Vince.......

Steve and Vince are top notch. This is the only place I can take my wife and let her do the shopping for awesome corals and not hear the nagging for how much is being spent. :-) thanks again for the salt, cleaner wrasse, zoa's, and golden torch.

This is the best lfs I have ever been to they have unbelievable customer service and that says a lot considering the quality of the fish stores we have around here. This store is unreal from the first time I went in I felt like I had known the guys for years, now I am sure I will get to know them for years. If anyone is worried about a long drive for a great store trust me this is one you won't be disappointed with, they are the best.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I just want to say that Steve and Vince at awesome at QR reefs. They have been helping me out tremendously with every little odd and end... They have been getting the new gear and testing it out for finicky buyers like myself and telling me what is good and what is bad.. These guys are awesome and always go above and beyond for all of us.. At least I feel like that for me.

Steve recently helped me with some sick fish giving me step by step advise. I lost one and Steve is replacing her even though he really didn't have to. There just isn't enough positive things I can say about these guys..

Steve answers emails from me at all hours of the day and night.. Even at midnight! On a weekday.. How much better can you get there?

These guys get my sincere gratitude for all the help they have given me.

Edited by Mattiejay6

Guys, I just want to say that Steve and Vince at awesome at QR reefs. They have been helping me out tremendously with every little odd and end... They have been getting the new gear and testing it out for finicky buyers like myself and telling me what is good and what is bad.. These guys are awesome and always go above and beyond for all of us.. At least I feel like that for me.

Steve recently helped me with some sick fish giving me step by step advise. I lost one and Steve is replacing her even though he really didn't have to. There just isn't enough positive things I can say about these guys..

Steve answers emails from me at all hours of the day and night.. Even at midnight! On a weekday.. How much better can you get there?

you sound like a pain in the butt.....ha ha just kidding...

it helps that you are always up there for work....a good thing a bad thing for your wallet.... ;)

Lol good for the brain def bad for the wallet!

Oh I forgot to mention sales on demand... Or if they see us talking about something they order it for us no questions asked!

Lol Jenn aren't all cops a pain ;-)

+1 They even gave me a Christmas present last year of a chocolate tang to replace the one that didn't make it. Had no idea when I went to pickup my possum wrasse.  They are awesome, just wish they were closer!!!

+1 They even gave me a Christmas present last year of a chocolate tang to replace the one that didn't make it. Had no idea when I went to pickup my possum wrasse.  They are awesome, just wish they were closer!!!

lol nothing is close to YOU

I was there this morning and have been making a trip to QR almost every other weekend. I normally don't make endorsements but Steve & Vince helped me setup my system 6 months ago from the ground up and for a saltwater newbie, I was overwhelmed. They are knowledgable, easy to talk to, and not solely motivated by profit as they will tell me straight up if there's something I shouldn't or needn't get. QR will be my primary go-to LFS.

TL;DR - Love this place, get all my water from there as well as livestock.

Got my live rock from them last week. Called the store beforehand to double check they had it and no one answers.

Steve calls back 30 secs later on cell. Says he will be back at the store in one hr.

QR sold me some great live rock, chaeto, and live sand to get my 10g nano started. The rock was pretty nice looking, after going to several other local area shops. Great looking store with hard to find items on the shelf.

Steve is a cool guy who def knows reef tanks very well! I recommend QR 100%.

thanks all for the vote of confidence.  I normally don't comment on these vendor experience forums... but seeing someone going from low to high and seeing folks speak out on our behalf... It makes all the long hours and hard work that we do worthwhile... now, if i can only convince my wife of this :happy:

i'm sure she's tired of me coming home at 1am in the morning... such as tonight, from a long day at the shop. 

Hope to see everyone this weekend... i was too tired to take any pictures... but imagine this.. we have over a hundred frags of euphyllia of all sorts.. and that's just a quarter of one of our 4 frag tanks...

Your store is great, I could not be happier that there is a great local one like it. Your hard work will def pay back in dividends. Honest businesses like yours that care about their customers are meant to succeed.

Welcome, Ben. I visited last night for the first time since they opened their doors in the new location. Very nice place. Open floor plan, very good selection. Personal attention. Great formula for success. Sent from my phone

It's a fantastic store.