My new fish

zygote2k

Let's see how long he lets your other fish live. My understanding is that nearly all dottybacks are aggressive except fridmani (orchid).

Edited by treesprite

Let's see how long he lets your other fish live. My understanding is that nearly all dottybacks are aggressive except fridmani (orchid).

Ime, they were only nasty to fish added after them. I had a diadema (sp?) And it was great with fish, but everything I added after it got terrorized.

Nonetheless this is a beautiful fish, and it should do just fine.

I have an Arabian dottyback that plays well with others.

well, I'd be interested if you want to keep us updated on its behavior

the ora ones have a great tempermant

This is a wild caught fish. I'm sure the Ora fishes have similar tendencies as the wild caught fish.

So far it is swimming peacefully with the other fish. As I suspected, the mccullochs pseudochromis doesn't like the new addition as long as it stays away from its territory.

I don't have any ornamental shrimps to worry about either.

One week later and the new fish will live in the overflow box. It killed a Green Chromis and shredded all of the Mollies tails. Basically any fish that was a mid to top water dweller was terrorized. It didn't bother the Tangs or the Hawkfish.

The overflow is big enough that it can live its' whole life there. He'll have company from the Flame Hawk while I treat my Aiptasia with 36 Peppermint shrimp.

He's not as shy or reclusive as other dottybacks and seems to like the company of the mollies.

It killed a Green Chromis and shredded all of the Mollies tails. Basically any fish that was a mid to top water dweller was terrorized.

Soccer%20Fail%202.jpg

Such a pretty fish to live in the overflow! That's a shame that it can't play nice. My diadema dottyback plays fine with the blue devil it's housed with..... :rolleyes:

Poor fish.... the one that is banished to the box and the ones who had to suffer through its presence.

I'm sorry the fish didn't work out better. I was hoping it would so I could add it to the list of fish I would get if I had a place to put them.

I also have a McCullochs Pseudochromis in the same tank. They ignore each other so far.

How well did these two get along?

I had a strawberry basslet (aggressive) in with a much larger blue velvet damsel (has teeth). Once the initial aggression was finished, they got along fine.

Are you looking to get rid of the dottyback?