My 200+ Gallon Miracles Build

NICE!!!

Looking good!

Looks awesome. Love the rock.

Your aquascape is beautiful!

Thanks everyone.

Wow, makes me seriously hate my tank

Thanks. But my tank is just a bunch of dead rock at the moment. Yours is full of life and awesome.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup I would go with the smaller package. I got some from my buddy and didn't use that much. So I would think u could get away with the smaller one unless u are getting a lot of small rocks to make structures.

ok cool, I will order the smaller one. I have 7 boxes of rock from marco in storage right now, so the rocks are all decent sized, just a lot of them. (Though I think I severely over ordered on rock.

Nice work Eric. When you add corals the tank will look sweet. Let me know when you want a frag of your colonies back. :tongue:

hahaha. need a few pics so i remember what i gave you.

Really nice!

I use a Herbie on my tank too. Totally silent and once it is dialed in, it doesn't walk. Make sure you put a screen over the intakes. I've had many a night that I've been woken up to the sound of my emergency drain running because a snail got lodged in the main drain.

Really nice!

I use a Herbie on my tank too. Totally silent and once it is dialed in, it doesn't walk. Make sure you put a screen over the intakes. I've had many a night that I've been woken up to the sound of my emergency drain running because a snail got lodged in the main drain.

I thought about that before the build and had miracles build me an overflow cover so i wouldn't have to worry about that. And it should keep the fish out too.

7DE0D58D-8781-4143-AA87-B7F4A57FC9BB-20143-00001ED534C6209F.jpg

Is it possible to make a thread not visible?

Sure, but we all know you'd make it visible again and look anyway!!

• 1 month later...
(edited)

So it has been 2 months since I put water in the tank and started the cycle. Today, I put my first coral and fish in there. I put in a 4 headed piece of green hammer and a tribal blenny. We shall see how they do for the next few weeks before I start transferring everything over.

Right now my cords are a mess because i can't set up my fish room the way I want until i transfer my coral over to the main tank, so its just rigged at the moment. Once i can do it right, it will be cleaned up alot.

Here is a quick pick with only 4 of the bulbs on.

EB2D6A43-34F4-40ED-A995-98DCD610B319-4362-000006894BAE8D7A.jpg

Edited by epleeds

• 3 weeks later...

I really hope you don't mind, I am trying to copy your stand a little and let me be the first to tell you , I'm not sure I can figure all that crown out.

(edited)

Good luck with that. My builder cut all the crown moulding by hand. I thought he was going to lose his mind with that. Plus all the extra moulding all around it. Lots of trial and error.

Edited by epleeds

I'll let you know how it turns out. Gonna be interesting.

I have a question. I am going to an external pump since my 1262 isnt cutting it with the 1.5" pipe. I just picked up a reeflo blowhole 2700. My issue is I already have a hole drilled into the sump at the far end of the skimmer section which I use as a drain for my water changes. The ehiem is currently 3" away from that hole on the other side of a baffle. Would it matter if I tied into the existing drain as to not have to put a second hole in the sump. I would add a T fitting that would be routed to the pump with a line off of it to the drain.

Here is the pic of the current drain set up

07709d02.jpg

Here is a pic of the sump. The drain is just to the left of the baffle on the far right, just under the built in fuge. The skimmer sits to the left of the fuge. Would it make a huge difference if the input for the pump was in the second chamber or does that really matter

aeeb8d4d.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So i just took some PAR readings of the tank. I am getting 400 at the water line, 250 in the sand (centered under the lights) and around 130 at the edges (under full light). With only four bulbs running, I am getting 100-115 under the lights to around the mid to upper 60's along the edges...

I think that should be sufficient to grow pretty much anything...

The picture isn't the greatest, but it has the par readings in it.

DSC_0061-1.jpg

I seen you said you had 7 boxes of rock. Interested in selling some?

I think your par readings are a little high, i would raise up the light a bit. Your leather is at 250 par on the bottom. Its getting too much light there. Its all tight, it used to be tall and wavy.