Fazio92's 330gal Rimless Reef Display

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like the anthias chromis mix, do you still have all the clowns in their as well?

Thanks, yeah me too. Yeah, I think there are 19 clowns in there, something like that :) their nem moved under and on the side of the middle rock, which is probably why you don't see them in the FTS. It's hard to get ~40 fish to all come out at once to smile for the camera :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Every time I see this thread I wanted to start over with my tank. So clean. Great job.

This tank is simply A W E S O M E ..!!!! Everything about it is done extrememly well..

Above comments are my thoughts. This tank is stunning. So clean, so "less is more." You let the corals speak for themselves, it's filling out beautifully. I hope to one day do something like this.

Above comments are my thoughts. This tank is stunning. So clean, so "less is more." You let the corals speak for themselves, it's filling out beautifully. I hope to one day do something like this.

This tank is simply A W E S O M E ..!!!! Everything about it is done extrememly well..

Great looking tank. How long have you had the sailfin?

Thanks, All!

RJT - I've had the sailfin for about 5-6yrs

-Anthony

I agree this tank just keeps getting better. Do you plan on adding any other fish?

I am going to add a few more, but am going to be very picky and particular to not throw off the peacefulness I have now. I have a few in mind, just a matter of finding them :)

Now that's inspirational! What's your favorite thing about your tank?

Thanks! I think my favorite thing is just watching the SPS grow-out and finally start to fill in the peaks and valleys naturally. It's also cool having half the fish occupying the tank fish that I bred and raised myself :)

Thanks Everyone!

-Anthony

This tank is gigantic in person. Easily the largest glass tank I have ever seen in a home. Still remember barely getting it out of that basement slider... haha

I remember it on the floor, helping to try to buff out haze from one of the panels.

It's looking good these days Fazio92! How's the captive clown breeding program going? Restarted yet?

I remember it on the floor, helping to try to buff out haze from one of the panels.

It's looking good these days Fazio92! How's the captive clown breeding program going? Restarted yet?

Thanks, Tom! B&Ws and Picasso's are 5 days old, so it will be a few months before they're ready. But yes, back up and running! :)

best Glasscages tank ever.

at least that's what I thought you said it was...

Lol, yup! Only reason I bought it was because I saw it held water before, for an extended period of time :)

-Anthony

• 1 month later...

Looking good man! Hey I got some reeflux 400w 12k's and noticed that one bulb is much more blue than the others. Did you ever notice anything like that when you were running them?

The Orange Sided or Orange Back Wrasse, Cirrhilabrus aurantidorsalis, is one of my favorite reef safe wrasses too. The are a community fish living in small groups in the wild. Mine were always peaceful.

The corlas are growing nicely. Any plans to thin them out some?

Looking good man! Hey I got some reeflux 400w 12k's and noticed that one bulb is much more blue than the others. Did you ever notice anything like that when you were running them?

I never had any issues with the Reeflux, only the plusrites. Give it a week for them to burn-in a little.

The Orange Sided or Orange Back Wrasse, Cirrhilabrus aurantidorsalis, is one of my favorite reef safe wrasses too. The are a community fish living in small groups in the wild. Mine were always peaceful.

The corlas are growing nicely. Any plans to thin them out some?

Yeah, they are awesome! I wasn't able to get the pair to standstill togehter for the photoshoot, but they get along great with the other 50 fish :)

Yes, i do say its about time to thin the corals, as they are starting to grow together now; which is fine, but thinning can't hurt.

-Anthony

A week? Man it's been months. Everyone says they see it and I am a little color blind and I see it! Same ballasts and everything. At least the are spaced apart so much, makes it less obvious. Your tank is going to look amazing next year! Let them grow!