Spring meeting - thanks!

Cris

Thanks to everyone who put together today's meeting with Bob Fenner as speaker. It was a fabulous meeting. I appreciate all the hard work that went into organizing the meeting. I hope we can have Bob back as a speaker again. Cris

I second this!

and thanks to all of the vendors and members who donated for the raffle!

I also wanted to say thanks for just the chance to meet everyone face to face... thats always fun!

It was a really great meeting. Thank you Copps for getting Bob as a speaker, and thank you WAMAS officers for yet another very well run meet. It's always nice to see everyone.

Maybe we can can get Bob back to discuss a topic common to us reefers? He's a wealth of knowledge and obviously likes sharing it. I really liked how he was so comfortable going off topic and so open to discussing everything and anything. He's down to earth, fun and funny too.

Jan

Edited by Jan

^ +1 to everything, this was my first meeting, and I was really happy to walk out with a gift card and 2 extra frags! Thanks to Graham for the highlighter stag, I can pick out his sealed bags anyway, and I got a good size chunk of red monti cap from someone else! THANKS to everyone!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Meeting was great. I always like meetings that have a lot of people :) I was really thrilled to meet Bob F..

And your plate was lovely, Forrest.

Meeting was great. I always like meetings that have a lot of people :) I was really thrilled to meet Bob F..

Ditto. Was my first meeting well and it was great. Thanks to everyone for putting it together. Bob was a great speaker. I do think that Doug and Hilary won too many raffle items though!! :)

Definitely a great meeting and experience!! It was my first meeting since joining WAMAS about 3 weeks ago and I love what goes on. I would like to add that the coral I got from Valeria, hdreef, gws3, and Mr Salt all look amazing already. My frogspawn and torch coral are already opened up and really make the tank come alive! Big thanks!

Edited by nbgen12

I do think that Doug and Hilary won too many raffle items though!! :)

What can I say? I LOVE the vendor receipt for raffle tickets program! :biggrin:

Thanks to all the officers and to John for helping put on this meeting and get Bob in to speak. Definitely appreciated.

It was my first meeting and was lots of fun. Picked up a few nice frags too.

Great meeting! And well attended, too. Thank you's to both Bob Fenner and those that organized getting him in and accomodated, for all those WAMAS members that turned out to hear and to meet Bob, and for the support of our sponsors all of whom made this meeting a great success.

It was a great first meeting for me. Bob Fenner's book was one of a couple that finally got me in the hobby over 10 years ago (and will probably lead to my financial ruin, but it's a great ride).:tongue: So it was great to hear him speak. There were lots of great people there, and tones of great stuff available. I can't wait for frag fest, I'll definitely be a regular attendee from now on.

Pete

Beginner to the hobby and attended yesterday's meeting and I have to say it was great. The friendliness of everyone there and the knowledge shared definitely made me glad to be part of the group and excited to be getting into this as a hobby. Hearing Bob Fenner speak was also amazing... what a great personality!... and the opportunity to have him autograph my book... very cool. I just wanted to post a little message to say my many thanks to Jennylynn9579 for the assortment of colorful zoas and green-blue mushroom frags, Pacific East Aquaculture for the great pieces of reef covered in zoas, mushrooms, and star polyps ... all making an immediate impact as beautiful pieces and my first corals... and to everyone that has helped me start up and edge me closer to have a great reef system. Thanks also to the folks responsible for planning and execution of the meeting. As my first one, I thought it was great and am looking forward to Frag Fest and more posts and advice along the way. Thanks again and have a great week!

Edited by Origami
merged separate, but similar thread

Ditto. Was my first meeting well and it was great. Thanks to everyone for putting it together. Bob was a great speaker. I do think that Doug and Hilary won too many raffle items though!! smile.gif

Dang, Doug wins all the time.

What a great meeting! I've spoken for clubs around the nation and I have to say that our group of officers and people working behind the scenes at WAMAS is absolutely top notch. I've seen the very good and the very bad clubs and WAMAS is at the top of the list in all respects! Thanks so much to everyone that makes WAMAS the great club that it is! :cheers:

Copps

Dang, Doug wins all the time.

$20 tickets in the frags and $20 in the MS gift cards yeilded $75 in prizes (well, $100, but I am nice) and 4 great frags probably worth $100. Pay to play, and yee shall recieve! You guyss keep stuffing the big ticket items and loosing. Or you can just blame Jon Fisher's kid with the baby blues.

Thanks to all the vendors and members that donated, whether goodies or their time to help, to make it another nice meeting. Bob is such a wealth of information, it was a shame he was limited on only one topic.

Thanks to all for the hard work...doug i made the donation frags different for you just in case you won them hahaha....too funny.

good sized location too, not the easiest for me to get to but not terrible...but we could hear pretty well even in the back.

Thanks to all for the hard work...doug i made the donation frags different for you just in case you won them hahaha....too funny.

good sized location too, not the easiest for me to get to but not terrible...but we could hear pretty well even in the back.

Yours and Grants were easy picks! Thanks for donating. Could be a worse drive, coming from purcellville.

Sorry i missed it! I hope to make the next meeting for sure!

$20 tickets in the frags and $20 in the MS gift cards yeilded $75 in prizes (well, $100, but I am nice) and 4 great frags probably worth $100. Pay to play, and yee shall recieve! You guyss keep stuffing the big ticket items and loosing. Or you can just blame Jon Fisher's kid with the baby blues.

Thanks to all the vendors and members that donated, whether goodies or their time to help, to make it another nice meeting. Bob is such a wealth of information, it was a shame he was limited on only one topic.

I could have listened to Bob all day long talk about the industry. Very unique experience.