Ryan's 150g Marineland Deep Dimension!

Ryan S

Question. In the last photo I posted, you can see the tube shown zoomed in here:

The tube coming from the mag 7, and the tube going to the UV. The UV tube fits inside the mag 7 tube. I could only shove it in like an inch. It was hard to get it in that far. I then used some acrylic cement around the tube to make it stronger. Will this have any problem holding? I can imagine the UV tube flying out and the mag 7 just shooting the entire tank contents into the stand lol. It should be fine, yes?

Hey- Cheapskate! Go buy the correct insert fitting and some plastic hose clamps.

I'll only laugh if you have a catastrophic failure due to not spending $3 at Lowes.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

emerald crabs will eat some sps corals like pocillopora, so you may want to keep an eye out. They will also eat the bubble algae ime.

it's a crab and it will eat what it wishes. the pros def outweigh the cons with mithrax.

you better clean up that cabinet before you have other issues. I seem to remember a few aquarium fires in recent times that had that much electrical exposure to water. an easy fix.

that cabinet is scary. too much power cables next to water like that. take some time to re-route the cables and make a little room in there.

that cabinet is scary. too much power cables next to water like that. take some time to re-route the cables and make a little room in there.

+1

FTS looks great by the way!!

thats its scrap the tank and get a 300g+ :cool: with 32 radions....

looking good otherwise, i would say get a wood screw with no threads up close to the top so it can pull the wood back together.

you better clean up that cabinet before you have other issues. I seem to remember a few aquarium fires in recent times that had that much electrical exposure to water. an easy fix.

how much to install the $3 lowe's part and clean up the wires? PM me.

man, you have a lot of equipment.

I agree, but the photos make it look a lot worse than it does in person I think. It's pretty organized. The wires are all behind the tank, but look like they are on top of the sump in the photo. Most wires or hoses are attached to the stand with zip ties as well. I do question if all the equipment is really needed.

That's a DEEP tank! Where did you find those huge rock? 40+ lbs each? BTW great set up. Too much under the cabinet though.

The tank is 36"x36"x27". I love the depth of DD tanks. The rock is BRS pukani. There are a few large pieces, but more like 10-15 lbs each. The pukani is very light.

How do you plan to add the 18 gal cheato box? How will it be fed and drained?

Do you have any pix?

No pix of the chaeto box yet, but it will go beside the sump, where you currently see the tall white narrow jug in this photo:

gallery_2631706_3_286255.jpg

The box will be fed with a MJ1200 and gravity feed back into the sump. Adam is making it for me. It will add 11 gallons of volume and I have a shop light that will sit on the top to grow the chaeto. There will be a 1" euro brace around the top that the light will sit on. I will definitely take photos once it arrives.

Hey- Cheapskate! Go buy the correct insert fitting and some plastic hose clamps.

I'll only laugh if you have a catastrophic failure due to not spending $3 at Lowes.

I don't even know what part I need! A plastic barb fitting that connects 2 different size hoses? I can measure the hoses tonight, but off the top of my head, I think the bigger one is like 3/4" ID, and the other hose is 1/2" ID?

Just add the plastic hose clamps I linked above and you will be fine.

I found the piece Rob mentioned. It was $0.50. They didn't have the plastic hose clamps though. I will try my local home depot this weekend for those.

gallery_2631706_3_357339.jpg

Here are 2 photos showing the growth of 3 easier sps corals over 4 months under 2 radions. The corals are 2 montipora capricornis and 1 purple montipora digitata.

March 2012:

gallery_2631706_3_250141.jpg

July 2012:

gallery_2631706_3_450601.jpg

Montis grow really darn fast

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

Montis grow really darn fast

Yup, maybe too fast - I am tempted to remove them. (I don't want them to block light from getting to the bottom of the tank). I wish I could get the rest of my sps to grow like these, or have good colors like them.

....i would probably rather frag the heck out of them than remove them as my own personal opinion, as long as you dont let em get out of control. They just add such a cool look that other sps cant provide(referring to the capricornis)

What color capricornis's do you have?

One is an ORA red/orange (on the left), the other is a Red Candy Cap Montipora Capricornis (on the right).

Those colors look crazy vibrant under blue light....i had an orange one before my tank crashed and it was one of my favorites for sure

How great is my girlfriend? The LA order was delivered and she knew what to do, without needing to ask. Then she took 2 photos to show me. I'll be home shortly to acclimate them!

gallery_2631706_3_891.jpg

gallery_2631706_3_115713.jpg