Ryan's 150g Marineland Deep Dimension!

Ryan S

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you all can laugh at how much hair algae and cyano has taken over the tank? I don't think so.

Who cares, it's all part of having a new tank. If you need something to keep your self busy you can always pull the hair algae out manually. It's take a while and can't hurt the tank. Also, before you do a water change take a turkey baster and blast all the cyno slime off the rocks and sand so it

So you all can laugh at how much hair algae and cyano has taken over the tank? I don't think so.

While I can understand (and respect) your hesitation, I doubt there will be any laughing. At this point in the game, the algae is normal. We have all been there.

While I can understand (and respect) your hesitation, I doubt there will be any laughing. At this point in the game, the algae is normal. We have all been there.

Speak for yourself. Im definitely prepared to laugh.!!:biggrin:

Who cares, it's all part of having a new tank. If you need something to keep your self busy you can always pull the hair algae out manually. It's take a while and can't hurt the tank. Also, before you do a water change take a turkey baster and blast all the cyno slime off the rocks and sand so it

Speak for yourself. Im definitely prepared to laugh.!!biggrin.gif

can-stock-photo_csp5893997.jpg

rolleyes.gif

(edited)

Check out my new sig and user name...

very funny...

so... does that mean I can't get two colonies from Fins & Feathers this weekend for $75 and $37.50? :why:

Edited by Ryan S

Really guys, I can understand some poking fun, but constantly doing it? Really makes new folks want to join the club when they can get a thrashing on here.

Regardless of the constant criticism, enjoy your tank, that's why we have them.

Roni! Not you too! :blink:

lol. Just messing with you. I know it's hard to do but really, the best thing you can do for your tank right now is to be patient. I think your initial enthusiasm was commendable. You shouldn't get down because of the normal cycling process in a tank. I would really focus on doing small water changes, observing your tank and checking your water parameters. If you want to try some corals, stick to nice easier corals. SPS aren't the only coral out there that's pretty. Personally, I still love green star polyps, mushrooms, and pulsing xenia, corals that most beginners do great with. If you really want to try some new corals to get some coral in your tank, wait until your parameters are stable for at least a month and then try those. I can bring you some frags at the meeting, as I'm sure others can.

However, don't change things around dramatically. Don't mess with your lighting. Don't change out your water motion. Don't mess with your skimmer. Don't add new reactors or start something like biopellets or vinegar. Don't try out zeo or something else dramatic. You've got all the basics to have success in this hobby. Now just add a little patience and you'll be successful. Everyone is teasing you because we've all made the mistakes of going too fast and experienced the highs and lows of starting up a new tank. We're trying our best to help you avoid those same mistakes which is why people are hammering on the patience factor :)

lol. Just messing with you. I know it's hard to do but really, the best thing you can do for your tank right now is to be patient. I think your initial enthusiasm was commendable. You shouldn't get down because of the normal cycling process in a tank. I would really focus on doing small water changes, observing your tank and checking your water parameters. If you want to try some corals, stick to nice easier corals. SPS aren't the only coral out there that's pretty. Personally, I still love green star polyps, mushrooms, and pulsing xenia, corals that most beginners do great with. If you really want to try some new corals to get some coral in your tank, wait until your parameters are stable for at least a month and then try those. I can bring you some frags at the meeting, as I'm sure others can.

However, don't change things around dramatically. Don't mess with your lighting. Don't change out your water motion. Don't mess with your skimmer. Don't add new reactors or start something like biopellets or vinegar. Don't try out zeo or something else dramatic. You've got all the basics to have success in this hobby. Now just add a little patience and you'll be successful. Everyone is teasing you because we've all made the mistakes of going too fast and experienced the highs and lows of starting up a new tank. We're trying our best to help you avoid those same mistakes which is why people are hammering on the patience factor :)

Well said!!

Don't hate us for poking fun!!

We have all been in your shoes!!

Dude, one time I had so much hair algae, I could have sold it to vegan people for a profit! (lol)

We have all been in your shoes before! I would consider all this teasing and fun-play a sign of people actually caring for your tank and trying to help you. I mean, come on... it has been 19 pages on this thread and almost everyone answered ever single question asked and patiently provided their generous help and expertise.

PS: Please keep away from F&F this weekend unless you wanna donate all your purchases to me clap.gif