Paul's Zapper

Brian Ward

This is a PM from Paul. I was asking him about the wand.

I now have a Patent Pending for the device and am in contract with someone to manufacture them.

I am not allowed to build them myself any more. The name of the company is "PS Aquatics" and soon we will have a web site out and a large supply of "Mojano Wands" for sale. I will contact you as soon as that happens. It hopefuly will only be a couple of weeks. There are other companies that have stolen my invention and are selling it but soon they will have to stop due to the patent. Thanks I will let you know.

Paul

He better get a patent on having a rusty beer can in his tank also, before it is too late.

There are not too many people rushing out to put a rusty beer can in their tank right now so I will save the ten grand that it costs for a patent on that.

The Zapper which is now called the "Majano Wand" is in production and in a couple of weeks I will have 500 of them.

I have a patent pending and soon in accordance with the patent I will also offer attachments that will fit on the device to better control aiptasia's, mojano's and other animals like hippopotamuses. Well maybe not them.

We will also have a web site up soon. Other company's that stole my invention are having them made in China for practically nothing. Soon they will not be allowed to sell them or advertise in the US or anywhere else as I also have an international patent in the works.

If those companys (which are not even in the US) still sell them after that, they will be sued.

My patent lawyers need something else to do anyway.

My majano Wand is made in the United States and the only company that will soon be legally allowed to sell them is PS Aquatics.

I am presently working on two other aquarium related devices and hope to have them out by the summer.

There are not too many people rushing out to put a rusty beer can in their tank right now so I will save the ten grand that it costs for a patent on that.

The Zapper which is now called the "Majano Wand" is in production and in a couple of weeks I will have 500 of them.

I have a patent pending and soon in accordance with the patent I will also offer attachments that will fit on the device to better control aiptasia's, mojano's and other animals like hippopotamuses. Well maybe not them.

We will also have a web site up soon. Other company's that stole my invention are having them made in China for practically nothing. Soon they will not be allowed to sell them or advertise in the US or anywhere else as I also have an international patent in the works.

If those companys (which are not even in the US) still sell them after that, they will be sued.

My patent lawyers need something else to do anyway.

My majano Wand is made in the United States and the only company that will soon be legally allowed to sell them is PS Aquatics.

I am presently working on two other aquarium related devices and hope to have them out by the summer.

Paul,

This is awesome, congratulations!

I wanted one, but worried about the liability. Will they be UA listed?

I made one as they were being developed in the thread right here on WAMAS.

Mine still works great and does my smaller one.

Congrats Paul, was hoping you'd get this going. Great luck to you and don't forget Facebook as a media.

Grav the device runs on low voltage like your cell phone and does not have to be UL listed.

Anything under 50 volts is considered low voltage and is not subject to any restrictions or codes.

I was an electrician for 40 years.

You can not get a shock from the unit.

The hold up with the devices is all lawyers. Legal patents and contracts take time and quite a bit of money.

When all of that is done I will have put probably over $20,000.00 into the final product.

I could have went to China like some other companies and had the thing built for practically nothing but I am an American and a Veteran so I have a problem with that.

The device will also have attachments added to it for different functions and animal problems that also is included in the patent. Those attachments are still being developed as I want them perfect. I do my own research, my own testing in my reef.

For the people waiting for my device I thank you for your patience.

Soon other companies will have to stop production as my team of lawyers need something to do.

Have a great day.

Paul

I could have went to China like some other companies and had the thing built for practically nothing but I am an American and a Veteran so I have a problem with that.

I knew there was something that I liked about you ! :clap: :clap:

American all the way, born in Brooklyn. I only buy American which is not easy.

My clothes, cars and everything else is American but of course not my TV.

When they stop making cars in America I will builf my own. :biggrin:

Paul,

I hope you didn't view my question as negative. I just want to understand.

I have a different view than others might. It is one thing, if you know it is safe for you to use... you might have to worry about a little shock, one you have felt before. I have to worry about an employee using it, and what if he leaves it in a customers home and a kid pickes it up... then nobody gets hurt but I get a business cripler law suit anyway. My income, mortgage payment and kids tuition fund are dependant on this stuff.

Sure there are 1,000 UL listed products that could kill you if you take em swimming with you, and I could leave a pack of matches laying around and a kid could start a fire. Then to bring it home to this industry a Maxi Jet pump is UL listed and I've had those things shock me so hard I screamed like I dunno what.

Clearly whatever voltage it has is going right into the water intentionally, so the level must be intended to be safe. But to say it "you can not get a shock..." I don't know... anything is possible. Suppose someone puts it into a power strip under their aquarium and water drips down the cord... it could happen. We are talking about something that gets plugged into a 110 outlet and then the live end goes onto a big bowl of water along with a human hand. I think asking about safty issues is legitimate. I'm sure you will have saftey directions, disclaimers and such.

ANYWAY, congrats on getting this thing to market and I do still want one. Actually I want 3: short, normal and XL handle... wait, the customized option just went away, didn't it? I snoozed I loosed.

Grav. There are 110 volt heaters and powerheads in your tank which are dangerous, I have gotten shocked many times and I am surprised glass heaters are legal. My device has a cell phone charger for power, the 110 volts stays at the outlet and will not come up the wire to your hand. Of course there is a possability if you break the power supply by dropping it on a cement floor then plug it in and water gets in there is a chance of electricity getting into the water. You could also stick it in your eye or worse in a childs eye. Your dog could eat it. These concerns are relelent with any item even a hair brush. I could make it extreamly safe but then it would resemble a basketball instead of an item that is meant to kill a certain animal.

It uses the same voltage as an electric toothbrush and you stick that in your mouth.

So my short answer is that if there is a concern, don't use it.

Remember that woman that sued because she spilled hot coffee in her lap? Now we all have to drink tepid coffee because that woman was clumbsy. :biggrin:

Actually the woman who sued Mcdonald's was an elderly person who spilled the coffee in her lap in a drive thru, she was the passenger. She required multiple skin grafts and skin debridements to recover from the burns. Mcdonald's was repeatedly warned the temperature of the coffee was dangerous, (I think the temp was around 180-190 degrees) that is the main reason she won the lawsuit.

Actually the woman who sued Mcdonald's was an elderly person who spilled the coffee in her lap in a drive thru, she was the passenger. She required multiple skin grafts and skin debridements to recover from the burns. Mcdonald's was repeatedly warned the temperature of the coffee was dangerous, (I think the temp was around 180-190 degrees) that is the main reason she won the lawsuit.

Not to completely hijack, but the proper temperature to brew coffee is 195-205 degrees. If you're drinking fresh coffee, this is approximately the temperature it should be.

http://www.coffeeresearch.org/coffee/brewing.htm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffee_preparation

I like the idea of multiple attachments, Paul!

I made one, also, from an old laptop power supply that I had around (using just some of the electrochemistry stuff mentioned in the thread from earlier to keep the probe from dissolving). I've tried zapping pest palythoas and mushrooms, with limited success (I'll just have to try harder, I guess).

BTW, back in the late 70's and early 80's (when I was in college), I used to work at the Sony TV factory in San Diego during summers and winter breaks (I went to school at Washington University in St. Louis, so it was only during breaks). Back then, ALL Sony TV's sold in the US were manufactured right there in San Diego, by hardworking Americans. There's still a factory down there but I think that more and more stuff goes south of the border before coming back up to San Diego for final assembly integration.

The point is, in this world of multinational corporations, you never really know where your stuff is coming from or who's hands have touched it, or even where all the money is flowing.

Lol...I work at a Starbucks, I can tell you from all the burns I've gotten, yeah it's "supposed" to be at least 170 when it's served. But about 190 for brew...as for the burns...I have some clumsy coworkers... :unsure:

Edited by LanglandJoshua

Grav. There are 110 volt heaters and powerheads in your tank which are dangerous, I have gotten shocked many times and I am surprised glass heaters are legal.

Yea, I know. C'mon I pointed out all that in my last note, see paragraph 3. There is a risk in everything you do every day, I get it.

Look, congrats again... and good for you for buying / selling american. When they are ready I want one.

Also, since we are on the topic, what is up with that iced coffee thing? That is wrong, I spend all morning trying not to let my coffee get cold... some goofball putting it on ice. The stuff should be HOT! 300 degrees if you ask me.

Yes, back topic. Great job on getting yourself a marketable product and all the legal settled!!!

Buying American is almost impossible....

Now off topic!! Iced coffe's actually not that bad on a hot day...but that could just be because I stand there making your 300 degree coffee's all day...

My device is American but the power supply is not. So far I can't get them made here and I don't think there is a transformer factory here any longer. But if there is I will find it.

Some people just should not drink coffee, use Zappers, have fish or brush their teeth.

I am now going to make myself coffee, instant coffee that uses boiling water. To make that I have to boil water. Boiling water is 212 degrees and if I spill it in myself I will sue the coffee company, the stove company and the water company just because I can.

And I probably will win. :rolleyes: