How do you know when you're obsessed with the hobby?

treesprite

When you arrive home from the LFS you hide that new coral under your jacket and go directly to the sump before the significant other catches you.

Once at Roozens I bought a $200 item. Before leaving the cash register I took their sharpie and added a zero and a decimal to the plastic bag to make it $20.00 so I wouldn't be in the dog house when I got home.

I will have to remember this one.

When you can no longer park in your two car garage because it is now a sump room for your new greenhouse coral propagation system.

I think you all know who I'm talking about.

We've been parking one car in there ever since December snow I'll have you know!

I stayed up till 3am feeding my breeding black Os some fresh shrimp one night after a dinner of leftover hot dogs.

Edited by ctenophore

When you arrive home from the LFS you hide that new coral under your jacket and go directly to the sump before the significant other catches you.

Oh man. Done that. That's me. :unsure:

When you take a day trip or a weekend trip with the family and before you leave the house you make sure you take the fish/coral cooler, an airstone and extra baggies just in case you end up buying a coral or a fish along the way.

When you're in New York visiting with your family and you use their computer to check out CL in their area to see what corals you can p/u on the way back home.

When you pick your kid up from school and she says "Mom, are we going straight home today or are we picking something up for your tank, again".

When you travel to Key Largo with friends and you spend your free time collecting hermits, snails, and brittle stars with a mask and snorkel instead of drinking margaritas by the pool with your friends.

...before you leave the house you make sure you take the fish/coral cooler, an airstone and extra baggies just in case you end up buying a coral or a fish along the way.

I don't ever have to remember to pack those items because there's always a reefing cooler and accessories in my trunk "just in case."

I'm not addicted though because I can stop whenever I want. I just don't want to.

Yep we are still together and shes on the board now:) wish my family was the same.. I drove through the night to pick up a tank in the snow.... I almost died and nearly had a heart attack on 95 north from fredricksburg.. anyway I NEED A JOB.... best of wishes to everyone that shares my addiction!

OMG this thread is funny. I can't even come up with a good one. Definately have snuck corals past the SO... glad I am not the only one! hahahaha

Thanks for the "changing the price idea". She can't say anything about a $20.00 scolymia!

my roozens trick is to have bottled water in truck so i can wash off the price, LMAO!!!

ummm how about when you give up going to happy hour and get shaky when it is time to walk into the LFS...speaking of which it is friday afternoon, hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....I better hit send before i just drop everything and walk out of office.

How about when your SO explains to the neighbors that the generator you bought in case of a power outage is not for keeping the frig running, making dinner, or heating up the kids or your own bedroom, but rather for your fish tank.

Edited by davidm

I think spending the time to read this entire thread is the first indication (check).

And what does it mean if you can relate to almost every post on it? I'll be putting a sharpie in my glove compartment today :)

Edited by bshriver