Snow accumulation estimates

flowerseller

The NWS forecast on the low side for Asbhurn is now 24 in and 36 on the top end. I will go with 32 inches in 20147.

Edited by rioreef

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish the basement is done, I miss having a fireplace. I had one in S. California growing up for pete's sake. Nothing like the ambiance of a fire, even if you don't need the heat!

lol

I wish I could find my 30ft. tow strap. I know I could use it to help pull some people out. I think someone stole it from the back of my truck though :( its been there for a few years now. I think I used it 2x in N. Dakota in 5 years - and 10x here in one. People are a little more adept at driving in the stuff up there even when there is tons of snow.

I work on the night shift plowing snow, you would not believe the idiots on the road at 2:00 AM. They are calling for up to 35 mph winds and the heaviest snow fall between 7:00 PM and 3:00 AM down here tonight. It will be blizzard like conditions and people will still be out. Make a plowing really hard.

I drove a new tank home in the snow last week! It was bigger then the seller said so there I was driving up 95 at 8pm in blinding snow with an open trunk and a tank in the passenger seat! Yea for new tanks, but I almost died! Anyway the price was right. I'm waiting until I get my own place to setup my new reef tank. Hope all is well and everyone is safe! Troy

I work on the night shift plowing snow, you would not believe the idiots on the road at 2:00 AM. They are calling for up to 35 mph winds and the heaviest snow fall between 7:00 PM and 3:00 AM down here tonight. It will be blizzard like conditions and people will still be out. Make a plowing really hard.

How else do you expect them to get home from the bars?

I've been watching/tracking this storm for days like most of you.

As of this morning, I think it's weakening, so...

My guess is 15"

McLean, VA 22101

proof by yardstick photo

Do snow drifts count? :lol:

I wish I could find my 30ft. tow strap. I know I could use it to help pull some people out. I think someone stole it from the back of my truck though :( its been there for a few years now. I think I used it 2x in N. Dakota in 5 years - and 10x here in one. People are a little more adept at driving in the stuff up there even when there is tons of snow.

I pulled several people out during the last snow right in front of my house on the access road. I'm guessing I'll be doing the same thing all day Sun/Mon, as they never plow the ramps on/off the access road.

Republican, Military Doctor, Husband...Just to name a few.

Republicans?..........Let's not bring up captain spend-a-lot Nobama. And military docs might not be the best, but they are certainly better than anybody that I've ever seen given the conditions they have to work it.

Just checking in with a report. We have 23-1/2 inches on the ground here in Ashburn right now. The snow is still falling but the power is still on. A plow even came by and plowed out our cul-de-sac this AM when I'd really expected that we'd be snowed in for a day or two.

I didn't look at this thread until now - I wish I had known yesterday so I could have given a prediction!

I'm still waiting on the apt people to shovel the sidewalks to I can even consider getting out to the parking lot to dig out my car. They plow cars in here too, and so by the time I get out there, there will likely be a mound of snow about 4 feet high behind my car.

well so far i am way off, close to 32 inches in Germantown and still going till 7.

Holy Moses! I haven't been out yet to try measuring anything here in Gaithersburg - too cozy holed up inside the apartment. I'm guessing it isn't much less.

Just now opened the balcony door to measure out there, which is extremely variable. Shallowest is 16" and deepest is about 43".

Is everyone subtracting for the snow that was already on the ground?

Edited by treesprite

28" in the open part of my backyard here in Ashburn. Snow has all but stopped here it seems. The earlier snow had pretty much melted over all my yard before this snowfall.

Issued by The Weather Channel

6:54 pm EST, Sat., Feb. 6, 2010

The latest snowfall reports from The National Weather Service in Baltimore MD/Washington, DC: Colesville, 40.0"... near Elkridge, 38.3"... near Howellsville, 37.0"... Frostburg, 36.0"... Leesburg, 34.5"... near Linden, 34.0"... near Bluemont, 34.0"... near Columbia, 33.8"... near Bloomery, 33.5"... near Romney, 33.0"... near Laurel, 32.9"... Dulles International, 32.4"... Severn, 32.0"... Eckhart Mines, 32.0"... near Randallstown, 32.0"... near Clarksville, 31.5"... near Garrison, 31.2"... near Simpsonville, 31.1"... near Wilde Acres, 31.0"... near Hampton, 31.0"... near Berryville, 30.5"... near Hancock, 30.5"... near Dundalk, 30.5"... Essex, 30.4"... near Ellicott City, 30.2"... near Lovettsville, 30.0"... near Montgomery Vil, 30.0"... Montgomery Village, 30.0"... near Purcellville, 30.0"... near Vanville, 30.0"... Smith Crossroads, 29.5"... near Jefferson, 29.5"... near Germantown, 29.5"... near Oella, 29.5"... near Keyser, 29.2"... near Ashburn, up to 26.0"... near Parkville, up to 29.0"... near Alexandria, up to 23.2"... near Centreville, up to 26.0"... near Crofton, up to 34.0"... near Olney, up to 28.0"... near Barcroft, up to 19.2"... near Green Haven, up to 29.8"... near Savage, up to 33.0"... near Westminster, up to 24.0"... near Churchton, up to 26.5"... near Martinsburg, up to 28.5"... near Stephens City, up to 27.0"... near Arcola, up to 33.0"... near Leesburg, up to 32.0"... near Saint Leonard, up to 20.0"... near Lineboro, up to 22.0"... near Culpeper, up to 19.5"... near Monticello, up to 16.8".

even though I was only about half right,

I'm on my second and am sure I can handle a third, maybe even a fourth.

However, I can assure you, I CAN NOT HANDLE THE WHOLE 5th.

even though I was only about half right,

I'm on my second and am sure I can handle a third, maybe even a fourth.

However, I can assure you, I CAN NOT HANDLE THE WHOLE 5th.

Based on this post, we can assume you've attempted to handle the whole fifth?

Based on this post, we can assume you've attempted to handle the whole fifth?

LOL I agree with that statement!

I was pretty close too with my prediction! Yay me!

Officially 20" in orange. I should know i been plowing the crap for the last two nights. Going for the third tonight hauling the snow off the streets and sidewalks so businesses can open on Monday.

Can you believe we might get hit again on Wednesday with another snow storm. They say it possible it could be a good snow maker.

Edited by lhcorals