disappointment

dbartco

So I did a water change on Tues morning, same water in 4 tanks. One tank I filled all the way up, which previously had a nice cascading waterfall. Came home to 1/3 of the fish dead in the tank. Guess 150 fish in a 10 gallon is a little much....

deadclowns.jpg

Too bad doug. At least you get that far. My pair lay eggs and they are around for awhile and they are gone. I have not attempted to put a tile in the main tank for them and go down that road.

A lot of waste on the bottom of a tank that just had a water change....just an observation.

I threw a hand full of food in before I realized all th dead fish on the bottom. I was scooping everythiing I could from the tank, food, fish, algae off the sides...

Very sad. There are some mistakes that still give me chills when I think about them.

I can't believe Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug, .......... Doug, Doug, Doug, and Doug are gone!!!

:cry:

I can't believe Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug, Doug, .......... Doug, Doug, Doug, and Doug are gone!!!

:cry:

I guess the bright side is that Doug, Doug, Doug .... Doug are still OK.

Here's a thought, albeit a morbid one... can you freeze the dead babies and use them for food for other fish? Anyone with a predator tank would be able to put those to good use... groupers or lionfish would be able to use those fish as feeders. I'd say feed them to anemones, too, but I would assume that even the babies when dead have some measure of protection from anemone stings...

I don't think I would want to get any of my fish used to eating clownfish...

Somehow I have visions of poooor little Nemo off in the corner with his eyes twice normal size.

bob

hey tooth- here's some food for the mantis...

Dave is the one who feeds his mantis live fish (when will we see a video of that?)...neither of mine mine has never eaten one (live or dead)!

Mine prefer crustaceans and fingers.

Edited by extreme_tooth_decay

150 is way too many. 50 fish/per 10G growout tank hooked to the breeding system is what breeders usually keep. If the growout is not connected to anything, then 20 is probably the max.

Edited by marinap