Tank tour and get to know your fellow reefer

Jan

I thought it would be nice to get together on a monthly basis to get to know each other, tour each others tanks and talk reef keeping. Anyone in the Falls Church/Alexandria/Annendale/Fairfax/DC areas interested? I'm in zip 22044. I chose these areas because they are so close to one another. It wouldn't be such a burden for folks living in these areas to connect with one another. Let me know what you think. If I get enough interested I'll set the date and start here in Falls Church.

Edited by Jan

I thought it would be nice to get together on a monthly basis to get to know each other, tour each others tanks and talk reef keeping. Anyone in the Falls Church/Alexandria/Annendale/Fairfax/DC areas interested? I'm in zip 22044. I chose these areas because they are so close to one another. It wouldn't be such a burden for folks living in these areas to connect with one another. Let me know what you think. If I get enough interested I'll set the date and start here in Falls Church.

I'd love to see your tank again Jan! :)

I think thats an awesome idea, I just said in another thread that I would like to see this turn into a closer nit group instead of just a place for info and to buy things, since we are so close to one another. I would also like to see more socials were people could hang out and debate different ways on running and maintaining their tanks as there are so many different ways and personal opinions. This woul be of great help to people just getting started especially.Great idea jan. i am in 22204 arlington.

I'm all for it! We use to do that in the Southwest Virginia Reef Club and it was a great time, which eventually turned into great friendships over the years and just plain fun times with everyone. My zip is 22102 :biggrin:

Oh this IS exciting :clap: . Okay, so I was thinking maybe a Sunday afternoon? Maybe we'll do something like how to handle new corals;inspecting and dipping? or how set up a QT? or how to frag and attach to frag plugs? or how to frag shrooms? or something?

You're welcomed anytime Hunter. Just shoot me a PM. If you're ever in the area let me know.

J

I need to see Jan's tank too... might make the trip from out here in the woods!

i would be down for the early part of next year. i am moving this year so i need to get things back up and running

I would totally be interested in doing this... I am in 22204 (Hey Bliff!) and still need to see jan's tank and would love to see others.

Count me in... the Saturday evening thing also sounds cool, but Sundays works too. I'm in!

Laura

Okay folks how about Sunday October 4th? 6-8pm? My home in Falls Church. Please confirm so I know how many will attend. I'll send info via PM. What would everyone be interested in discussing?

I tried to get a couple of others in my general area interested in a 'tank tour' about a year ago (like the one we did in leesburg/ashburn a couple years ago), but didn't have much luck. Might have to try again.

bob

Not to hijack this thread or anything but I have never heard of anything like this for the small part of the club located in Maryland. Anyone?

Jan, I might be able to make it on the 4rth.

Edited by Nate

I tried to get a couple of others in my general area interested in a 'tank tour' about a year ago (like the one we did in leesburg/ashburn a couple years ago), but didn't have much luck. Might have to try again.

bob

Well, now you're will really be a "tanks" tour with all of your systems. Are you considered a fish store yet? :rolleyes:

I only had 1 person interested in getting together tomorrow her in Falls Church. I'd like at least 3 so I'm rescheduling for Sunday October 18th. Send me a PM if you're interested.

I would have loved to come Jan but it was just too short notice. I would like to suggest that we schedule several weeks out in order to get the highest attendance.

I CAN make the 18th :)

Laura

I only had 1 person interested in getting together tomorrow her in Falls Church. I'd like at least 3 so I'm rescheduling for Sunday October 18th. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Jan... are you envisioning this as more of a social and just hanging out at one person's house or a tour of a few tanks in the area. If the latter, I would also be open to visits of my tank and at this point don't think there is a conflict on the 18th (I live about 4 blocks from Jan).

Hi Dano,

I was thinking more along the lines of hosting a tank tour with related reef discussion. Maybe you'd like to host one?

Jan

Jan... are you envisioning this as more of a social and just hanging out at one person's house or a tour of a few tanks in the area. If the latter, I would also be open to visits of my tank and at this point don't think there is a conflict on the 18th (I live about 4 blocks from Jan).

great idea, but maybe not... a little too involved for what I have going on right now.. but if I am around I would like to stop by when you have yours

Absolutely! I'll PM you with exact time and date.

J

great idea, but maybe not... a little too involved for what I have going on right now.. but if I am around I would like to stop by when you have yours